If you enjoy a short break or holiday away from urban centres and want to journey into the ‘real’ Australia, or if you're a more experienced 4WD enthusiast, then this book is for you! There are many 4WD publications out on the market, but Linda and Steven’s book is a little different. Their focus is on the journey and the destination, so they’ve selected the top 50 tracks around the country that will provide something to do and see for everyone in the family. Completely redesigned and updated for this second edition, the book is broken into regional chapters, so no matter which state or territory you live in or are visiting, you can find an easy or more challenging 4WD tour to suit. For every 4WD trail there is information on planning your trip, highlights, options to make your journey longer or shorter, hospitals and clinics, and route notes with waypoints. A wealth of colour photographs completes the package, giving you an excellent reference tool for planning your next 4WD adventure
- Use this book for your next 4WD or AWD holiday: we don't just offer you a drive, we offer you a destination with activities for the entire family.
- Each getaway suggests a route with places to see along the way and all the information needed to get the most out of your time and money.
- Road ratings and descriptions help you choose the best getaway for your time-frame and vehicle whether it be a 4WD, AWD or SUV.
- The maps are easy to use and include route notes with specific point-by-point information.
- Each getaway includes highlights and activities, campsite and town information tables. and helpful phone numbers and websites.
- Getaways can be taken one at a time, or combined, depending on travel time available.
|Author||Linda Lee Rathbun & Steven David Miller|