Road conditions NT and Kimberley

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 24, 2024 at 11:24
ThreadID: 147316 Views:933 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
Hi, I would appreciate the wisdom of this group. My partner and I are about to embark on a trip from Sunshine Coast (QLD) to Broome, we absolutely need to be there by 15 April to join a coastal cruise trip. We are leaving Buderim today. We are concernedd about potential flooding on Stuart Highway (with intersection with Barkly Hwy) and also possibility of flooding around Fitzroy Crossing. We are thinking it may be better to go via Eyre Highway (Norseman etc), even though it is an extra 1200km. Any thoughts?

Much appreciated
Peter
Peter C.
Ford Ranger Explorer Motorhome 2015

My Profile  Send Message

Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - shane r1 - Sunday, Mar 24, 2024 at 12:29

Sunday, Mar 24, 2024 at 12:29
https://roadreport.nt.gov.au/road-map
Quick google
The Norseman to mundrabilla s3ction of highway 1 was closed a couple of days ago
AnswerID: 645534

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Sunday, Mar 24, 2024 at 13:30

Sunday, Mar 24, 2024 at 13:30
Hi Peter,
With the unpredictable weather conditions prevailing in both western and northern Australia you may be wiser to consider flying to Broome rather than driving if you have a critical need to be there on a specific date.
Incidentally, we drove from Buderim to Exmouth via the Eyre Highway last year but were lucky enough to have experienced beautiful weather. Almost as good as Buderim's, LOl.
Whatever, my wishes for a good trip.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645536

Reply By: IvanTheTerrible - Sunday, Mar 24, 2024 at 19:09

Sunday, Mar 24, 2024 at 19:09
Wrong time of the year considering they are still in the monsoon season and have had several tropical storms recently
AnswerID: 645540

Sponsored Links