Baby Q slider

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:26
ThreadID: 136112 Views:2696 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have finally picked up a Baby Q and intend mounting it in a slide to slide it out over the tailgate for use similar to the fridge.

The only problem I have come across is that all the slides I have found slide length wise same as the fridge and I would like it to come out sideways so I have the rest of the tailgate to the side to use instead of it opening to the side of the trailer with nothing to the end of it.

Has anyone come across such a slide either specifically for or that can be adapted to suit, or even someone that can make to order?

Trying to avoid making my own due to time restrictions and the cant be bothered syndrome after working 2 weeks at a time.

Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:47

Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:47
I had a similar issue and dealt with it a while ago before "the cant be bothered syndrome " set in :-) (I am suffering that now with a number of non-urgent projects ahead of me.)

I made a turntable using turntable bearings of the type found here and fixed the BBQ to that.

Choose the widest that will fit and all-metal construction (I did find some plastic ones when I did mine).

Even though cheap, mine has been in place for years over thousands of km of corrugations, dirt roads etc and is still working perfectly.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 616164

Follow Up By: Member - silkwood - Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 18:05

Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 18:05
I'm just about to build one for my canopy. I plan to have it slide out sideways and use a locking boat seat swivel to adjust it. I am thinking of mounting it on a home-made drop-slide, but haven't decided upon this yet.

Cheers,
Mark
FollowupID: 887462

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 11:21

Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 11:21
Hi qlpcamper, check out www.trailerpartsdirect.com.au They sell a number of different brands of fridge slides, including sideways slides.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 616165

Reply By: Member - Phil 'n Jill (WA) - Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:26

Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:26
Try checking with Royal Flair Caravans - they have that set up for their inbuilt caravan - as would probably most camper trailer outfits.

I actually removed ours as I now use the BABY Q in preference, so the bbq box is a storage unit - just not big enough to fit the Weber unfortunately.

Cheers - Phil
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 616167

Reply By: qldcamper - Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 19:58

Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 19:58
thank you all for the suggestions, will let you know what way I go.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 616183

Reply By: gbc - Friday, Jan 19, 2018 at 06:36

Friday, Jan 19, 2018 at 06:36
Make sure the slide gets it far enough out that small fires won’t scare you. I have had a few flair ups with lamb chops etc on the baby q over the years - totally operator error.
AnswerID: 616191

Sponsored Links