Unread Responses to Forum Threads

Submitted: Monday, May 29, 2017 at 07:59
ThreadID: 134976 Views:3110 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I was a Member for over 10 years and recently opted out.

A big bonus is that I now open a Thread, click on 'Unread' and only have presented to me the responses that were unread, including Follow Ups.

Previously the follow ups wouldn't appear so I was having to read through the whole thing again to see if there were follow ups.

If that had happened as a member I may still be one. I did query it before quitting.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Gramps - Monday, May 29, 2017 at 08:50

Monday, May 29, 2017 at 08:50
Having trouble understanding your issue Banjo.
I open the forum and it lists the "Updated" Posts. When I open one of those Posts there is an indicator to tell me which replies have been updated and then which are the new followups. No need to read through the whole Post as such.
Regards
AnswerID: 611503

Follow Up By: Banjo (WA) - Monday, May 29, 2017 at 09:01

Monday, May 29, 2017 at 09:01
Thanks Gramps,

My does too, now that I'm a non-member.
Previously I had to re-read the whole thing to see any follow-ups.
FollowupID: 881548

Follow Up By: Gramps - Monday, May 29, 2017 at 09:12

Monday, May 29, 2017 at 09:12
No worries Banjo. I was unaware there was any difference.

Regards
FollowupID: 881549

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Monday, May 29, 2017 at 09:53

Monday, May 29, 2017 at 09:53

Banjo, I don't think that there is any difference between the display for Members or non-Members. What you have described as your current view is what I have as a Member.

Probably, your 'view' option has shifted when you moved from Member status to non-Membership. This option is selected on the 'Search & Options' tab at the top of the Forum Index page (the page that the forum opens in, or can be accessed by clicking on 'Forum Index' at the top of this page)

On the Search & Options page you can see the 'Auto Expand' tab which displays progressively the following......
'Expand Un-Read -- Expand All -- Collapse All' (I have red-circled the tab in the screen grab below)

Clicking on that tab moves you to the desired option. This is the selection for how your Thread will open, but then you can change the view by clicking on a similar selection tab at the foot of the first post in the thread, which is what I understand you to be doing.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 611504

Follow Up By: Member - David M (SA) - Monday, May 29, 2017 at 10:36

Monday, May 29, 2017 at 10:36
Looks like you might have to join up again Banjo. :)
Dave.
FollowupID: 881552

Follow Up By: Banjo (WA) - Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 07:46

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 07:46
Thanks Allan. I queried it before quitting but don't recall what the response was then, but my issue wasn't resolved.

David, May do but as I don't use any of the Member 'Benefits' I don't see why I would do it. Used to re-join by spending at the shop but that's not an option now.
FollowupID: 881571

Sponsored Links