If you encounter a problem with the app or downloading maps etc and can't seem to get it running then here's the steps to work through to troubleshoot your problem before contacting us:
1. Close the app on your device. Go to the User Account and check your status. If there is a problem with your account, go to the ExplorOz website and check that you can login properly to the site. If you continue to have login problems contact us
2. If you can login to the site, then you should have no trouble logging into the app with the same details.
3. In-app purchase problems - you must be logged into the app to do this and your store account must have the applicable settings to allow in-app purchasing - check your app store account settings if you find you cannot purchase.
4. Moving app and maps data storage - you can move the location of the base app using your phones' application manager but you cannot move the location of the maps once you have downloaded them. To move maps you must firstly delete them. Then go back to the Data Manager and look at the section for Offline Maps - notice the first section will list the available storage locations detected on your device. You must select one of these storage locations before downloading each file. This allows you to store maps to SD card.
5. Missing map data - if you have missing map data then you are either viewing the online maps and have encountered an internet drop out during the download of the map tiles to your screen - simply zoom the map to refresh a new map tile download to fix this, OR if you are viewing the offline maps and have this problem your map download might be incomplete - go to Data Manager and check that you have downloaded the map for the area you are viewing and if still having problems, delete it then reload - ensure your device has a full charge and is connected to a stable Wifi internet connection to avoid drop outs. Note tip below.
6. Deleting maps - the data manager will guide you through the process by allowing you to press only the dark grey/black buttons as there is an order to remove files. ie. remove all 144K map files first, then the 577K file, then the base map.
7. Be aware that flight mode deactivates the GPS so don't use this feature. If you tried this to try to force the app to use offline maps instead of online maps this is not how it's done - instead you must click the map layer icon in the top right of all map windows and select the map you wish to use - there are a choice of 3 online maps, and the EOTopo offline map. Whether you have the base map or the Premium map there is only one offline EOTopo item listed there. The only difference in using the base offline map to the Premium is the number of extra zoom levels - the base map is a scale of 1:2.3 million, whereas the Premium map will zoom into 1:144,000. (144K).