Aussie Adventure 2015 We're Off

Friday, Apr 10, 2015 at 01:41

Member - Muncey 72

Finally leaving day had arrived, after packing in a couple of last minute items and a quick photo and hug with Chalkie we were off at 07:26 A.M. First stop was Kojonup for morning tea with Katie via the Collie Hill (last time I have to travel up this hill for another 4 months). Caught up with Katie then off towards Esperance, stopping at a roadside stop for lunch with the Stirling Ranges in the back ground. Whilst stopped I gave the car and trailer the once over and happened to notice that both the trailer hubs were red hot and had been throwing grease out onto the wheel! Popped off the caps and there was plenty of grease in there so topped it up. Stopped at Ravensthorpe for fuel which was $1.36 and then arrived in Esperance at 17:30. 722Kms travelled today.
Stayed up until 8P.M to see the lunar eclipse but it was a bit cloudy, stayed at a motel as after the long drive we knew setting everything up would be hard.
Disappointment hit everyone on Easter Sunday morning, the Easter bunny had not arrived! Headed out early to the Lucky Bay campground (63Kms) even though we were told it was full we took the chance. As we drove in a caravan drove out, bonus. Scored a good spot about 40m from the beach, Kangaroos are very friendly and love coming into the camp. The camp ground has a pretty good camp kitchen and there are BBQ’s scattered about the area. The showers are solar powered so about 2P.M is the best time for a hot shower. The camp hosts were great and the kids got a certificate for climbing Frenchman’s Peak. Whilst at Lucky bay we climbed Frenchman’s Peak and walked to Thistle cove. Alex wanted to stay at the top of Frenchman’s Peak for longer as there was a good internet signal. Also spent some time on Cape Le Grande beach absolutely beautiful pure white sand and crystal clear ocean with some lovely waves.
After 3 nights it was time to leave Lucky Bay and the plan was to get some supplies/fuel in Esperance and then get to Fraser range Station by lunch. I wanted to get the Trailer bearing issue looked at as well. Turned out the handbrake on the trailer had been adjusted to tight and also the brake cable. Gary McCrea from Southside Auto centre was a legend and helped us out big time removing both wheels and repacking the bearings. He also fixed one of the rear airbag airlines which had been melted by the exhaust.
Both the trailer and suspension on the car had been done in Bunbury before we left by two different business…..hmmm will be visiting them when we get back. So after all the issues we had we finally arrived at Fraser range Station on dark.
Fraser Range Station is a great spot to stay, great camp kitchen, toilets and showers which were $1:00 for 5 mins. Most of the buildings are the original dwellings and the main garden was an oasis of Bogan villa shrubs.
Had a good night’s sleep and would you believe it the Easter Bunny had finally caught up with us. Packed up and left at 09:00 stopping at Balladonia and then Caiguna for lunch. Nice place to stop for lunch fuel at Balladonia was $1.79 for Diesel. Pressed on pass Cocklebiddy and pulled over into the bush off the highway for the night. 310Kms Travelled today.
BlogID: 6383
Views: 3539

Comments & Reviews(2) Rating 4.50/5

Post a Comment
Blog Index

Sponsored Links