Roof Bars

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 25, 2024 at 06:28
ThreadID: 148065 Views:1489 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
Hi Team, just after some advantages/disadvantages for the below.

We've just acquired a LC300 with roof rails. I'm not so keen on a platform this time round (did that with the 200 & was really wasted).

So, this time, I'm going to fit the RX 100 adaptors to the rails & just run a few Vortex bars instead. We usually only carry the OzTent & bikes & awning. The RX 100's make the rails very easily removable if necessary.

The length of the bars is what I'm toying with. 1375mm overhang the rails a little as do the 1500mm bars (a little more). The 1500's are still well within vehicle width.

So which ones? Fitting an awning to the 1500's may keep it away from the car a little more (a good thing), and little more room just in case I want to space the bikes more. Ideas anyone with experience?
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, Jul 25, 2024 at 07:03

Thursday, Jul 25, 2024 at 07:03
Hi Stefandsal,

Whilst I do not own a 300 Series, or have any experience with Vortex Bars, my preference for a roof rack system of any kind would be the Rhinorack Backbone system. There are so many different brackets for various attachments that make this system so easy to expand upon, as well as having a low profile. I understand that you stated that you were not keen on a full roof platform this time around, however, the Rhinorack Backbone would be my recommendation.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 646250

Sponsored Links