Madigan Line Closed at Camp 16?

Hi All, as part of our trip this year (see earlier post on Finke River) we are also heading across the Simpson via Dalhousie Springs, French Line to Colson track, then up to the Madigan joining at Camp 5. We have been in contact with Adria downs (so helpful and nice!) who have advised last they heard, the Madigan was closed at 16 due to rain flooding the track. We have planned an alternate route via the Hay river track however we were wondering if anyone has been out that way recently and seen first hand what conditions are like? We will be hitting camp 16 on 1st September so a little ways away yet. Thanks in advance!
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Jul 24, 2024 at 20:41

Wednesday, Jul 24, 2024 at 20:41
Anthony,

We’ve had to delay our Aug trip to Sept, so haven’t been out there for 12 months. However, if Eyre Ck is still running/trickling, as it appears to be in recent photos, then your intended route near Camp 20 will still be inundated. Maybe next year?

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 646246

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Jul 24, 2024 at 21:06

Wednesday, Jul 24, 2024 at 21:06

Recent photo around Camp 20.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 926733

Follow Up By: Anthony B13 - Tuesday, Jul 30, 2024 at 15:10

Tuesday, Jul 30, 2024 at 15:10
Hi Bob, thanks for the update. The reports we are getting from Adria Downs and the parks website is that the track is closed at camp 16 due to the flooding at 20 (awesome photo by the way), at least until 8 August. We are going to continue to monitor and if there is no change in status by the time we are out of comms range we will head down the Hay river. We leave in exactly 2 weeks and hit camp 16 on 31 August, cannot wait.
FollowupID: 926764

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Wednesday, Aug 14, 2024 at 07:25

Wednesday, Aug 14, 2024 at 07:25
We were in the same position a few weeks back and did the Hay River track
I doubt it will open this season
FollowupID: 926880

Sponsored Links