Track south of Yardie Creek, Ningaloo Region Closed most of August

Submitted: Monday, Jul 22, 2024 at 18:48
ThreadID: 148050 Views:955 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
For those intending to access or exit campsites to Exmouth via Yardie Creek in Ningaloo region south of Yardie Creek in August read this :

AUSTRALIAN DEFENCE FORCE TRAINING
IN THE EXMOUTH REGION
Australian Defence Force personnel will be conducting live fire and explosive ordnance military training in the Learmonth Air Weapons Range, Exmouth from 31 July through to 26 August 2024.
Defence security personnel will be closing the coastal track that passes through the Learmonth Air Weapons Range for this period for the safety of the community and the members on exercise.
Defence security personnel will also be posted at both the northern and southern approaches of the coastal track to prevent access.
During this period, you are likely to hear and see military vehicles and aircraft, as well as military personnel carrying weapons and using live and blank ammunition. You should not be alarmed, as this is part of routine Defence training.
The Australian Defence Force is working closely with the Western Australia Government, Shire of Exmouth, Western Australia Police Force and other emergency services as part of this military training activity.
The Australian Defence Force thanks you for your support and your understanding that Defence needs to restrict access to Learmonth Air Weapons Range for the safety of all involved whilst these activities are underway.
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jul 22, 2024 at 21:00

Monday, Jul 22, 2024 at 21:00
Heres the defence area (purple) on the EOTopo map.

Regards Michelle
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 646237

Reply By: Member - Moya - Tuesday, Jul 23, 2024 at 20:22

Tuesday, Jul 23, 2024 at 20:22
We are heading that way on Friday so thanks for the info. Will make sure we are out by the cut off date or if the weather is nice and we can get longer we will go one of the other ways.

Ningaloo Rd is closed but I have talked to a few people that have gone that way anyway and it's in its usual corrugated condition.

AnswerID: 646241

Follow Up By: Peter_n_Margaret - Wednesday, Jul 24, 2024 at 09:27

Wednesday, Jul 24, 2024 at 09:27
The Yardie Creek crossing was dry about 6 weeks ago. Some people getting bogged in the dry sand rather than the water.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome
FollowupID: 926729

Sponsored Links