Create Trek from places in folder using Web App

Submitted: Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 00:00
ThreadID: 145682 Views:1028 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
Hi, I have a folder which has 40 places that I plan on visiting next month. They are in the correct order and have tried to create a Trek. I have watched the Youtube videos and read the manual on how to accomplish the creation, but so far it has not been successful.
The first step creates the Trek with straight lines between places as specified, so all good so far. I have then gone to each section and changed the routing to "Driving" and it shows me the route it will take, which I then accept. I have run through this for all the places, then saved the updated Trek. When I view the Trek again, it is just the straight line version again as if I haven't made any changes at all. I've even tried chaninging just a couple of sections to see if that works, but I get the same result.
I've tried this numerous times to no avail.
I had one odd occurence though. In all the routing for each section, there was only the single choice of route. Near the end of the trek, it gave me a choice of two routes, which was a bit odd.
The place started at Tamworth, next was Wauchope, then Taree, which was two individual sections. It gave me a first choice of Tamworth direct to Taree, bypassing Wauchope altogether and the other was as specified. I accepted the way to Wauchope Then did the next section from Wauchope to Taree. Saved the Trek and everything was straight lines, EXCEPT the last two sections.
What am I doing wrong, or does this not work on the Web App?
Regards
Shaun
Shaun & Anna
Taree, NSW

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 08:07

Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 08:07
Hi SMRKL,

Can I suggest you log a “ticket” with the help desk? David or Michelle or one of the other “experts” should be able to step you through the process.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 643674

Follow Up By: Member - SMRKL - Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 09:21

Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 09:21
Macca,

Thanks, I'll do that now.

Shaun
Shaun & Anna
Taree, NSW

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 923390

Reply By: Member - Mark C - Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 21:57

Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 21:57
I'm having similar issues. Tried to do a very basic trek with 3 locations. But when I set to navigate, it's just straight lines, even when I have internet coverage.
I've watched the tutorials several times and read the manual
But I just don't get it
Did a ticket and had a reply and thought all was well but.
When I tried it again, same problem, straight line navigation.
I'm going to buy a chopper
AnswerID: 643683

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 14:22

Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 14:22
This way of creating a trek from a list with initial straight line navigation is a recent feature and not the only way of creating a trek. What happens if you just start a trek using either the place function or going to place on the map, selecting go to and repeat on a series of places. Probably a silly question but are you sure you are online when you are creating the trek?
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

FollowupID: 923411

Reply By: Member - nickb aka"boab" - Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 19:20

Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 19:20
I only watched a exploroz video on this ,thismorning .. set the nav to bicycle and change average speed but it would be best to look at the video to explain it properly.
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 643701

Follow Up By: Member - SMRKL - Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 19:47

Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 19:47
Nick B,

Have watched the video numerous times and all appears to be working as per the video. But when I save the trek, it reverts back to the straight lines. Can't see anything I'm doing that is different to the video or the manual. But I'm willing to try anything, so I shall gove the bike a go.

Cheers Shaun
Shaun & Anna
Taree, NSW

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 923416

Follow Up By: Member - nickb aka"boab" - Monday, May 29, 2023 at 02:54

Monday, May 29, 2023 at 02:54
Tips & hacks treks
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 923418

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, May 29, 2023 at 19:33

Monday, May 29, 2023 at 19:33
Just confirming Shaun lodged a support ticket and I have just advised him that I have tested his account data and successfully created the trek and got the expected result he wanted. There is no system error so I am offering him more personal assistance to find out which step he was getting wrong. It all recalculated perfectly first go. Tested using his account, his data, using web app on Chrome on a PC. So I will lock this post as all further discussion with Shaun will be via Help Desk.
Michelle
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643708

Sponsored Links