Advice on off-road haul trailers

Submitted: Monday, Feb 20, 2023 at 11:35
ThreadID: 145348 Views:3012 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings all, it’s been a while. I have some big changes in travel requirements post retirement last year, not the least of which has been relegating the big Arctic Cat quad to farm duties. For expedition purposes it has been replaced with the CanAm HD9 UTV (side by side). I’m now looking at upgrading the towing platform for the unit and was wondering if anyone has personal experience of the Chameleon AMLS Trailers out of Albury NSW .

They certainly look the goods but having not had the opportunity kick the tyres in person, I’m hoping someone amongst the EO fraternity may have a unit or been exposed to one during their adventures. I’m looking at the Base 3.8 single axle with a few additions.

Any advice appreciated.

Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bigfish - Monday, Feb 20, 2023 at 13:33

Monday, Feb 20, 2023 at 13:33
You'll pay extra for the fancy stickers!! Why not get a local trailer/engineering mob to build you one? Its only a flatbed with a box.
AnswerID: 642913

Follow Up By: MickO - Monday, Feb 20, 2023 at 22:09

Monday, Feb 20, 2023 at 22:09
That may well Happen yet BF. Delivery time has been an issue for several firms I have spoken with about the project. Just canvassing the options at present and hoping for some feedback.

Cheers

Mick
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 922487

Reply By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Monday, Feb 20, 2023 at 15:50

Monday, Feb 20, 2023 at 15:50
Hi Mick, been awhile. I saw these at the Perth 4WD show and my only thought would be that there is an awful lot of trailer hanging behind the wheels which could get caught up very easily. Guess some skid bars would help in this regard.

cheers

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 642916

Follow Up By: MickO - Monday, Feb 20, 2023 at 22:13

Monday, Feb 20, 2023 at 22:13
You may find this hard to believe Dunc but I've mellowed......well sort of. Familiar with that little issue but don't intend hauling the trailer into places like I once would have. The Can Am will be doing that from a suitable base camp and given the superior load carrying over the quad, it'll give me a lot more range and capability as well.

On a side note, I'd love to speak to you about one of your earlier expeditions. Pretty sure the email address I have for you is no longer valid. Send me a MM with a few contact details please mate and I'll give you a call.

Cheers

Mick.
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 922488

Follow Up By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2023 at 11:08

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2023 at 11:08
Check your in box Mick.

cheers