Isat Phone Pro

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 05, 2023 at 01:17
ThreadID: 145192 Views:2121 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I just dug out the old sat phone which we have had for a few years now but not used for quite a while.

It's an Isat Phone Pro, got the latest firmware ok.

After looking at their website, I get the felling these have been superseded now by the Isat Phone Pro 2?

Is that the case or is the old Isat Phone Pro still a reliable phone/network?

Would it be sensible to upgrade or not?

I see that the information about sat phones on this website makes no mention of Isat Phone Pro 2

Just wondering before I get some air time for it.

TIA

Wooly VKS-737 Mobile 0058

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Thursday, Jan 05, 2023 at 05:42

Thursday, Jan 05, 2023 at 05:42
I have the same phone.
As I understand it the phone works as good as any other. What they are saying is that there will be no more support updates so it may become redundant if/ when the technology changes
They told me it could happen in 6 months or it may be 10 years , there are no plans in place so continue to use it until then.
AnswerID: 642503

Reply By: Phil G - Thursday, Jan 05, 2023 at 08:20

Thursday, Jan 05, 2023 at 08:20
I have one and a few of my friends do as well. Must be pushing 15 years old. The phone still works fine.
You can still use it to make 000 calls and receive texts even when there is no credit on the sim. The cost of airtime has gone up over the years but we only use it for SMS messages. Its worth keeping
AnswerID: 642506

Reply By: Jackolux - Thursday, Jan 05, 2023 at 10:00

Thursday, Jan 05, 2023 at 10:00
I have the original Isat Phone Pro , I got some airtime when we went away last June , July made a couple of call it still works ok , no problem .
You can call the test number and get a recording saying your call was successful , you don't need any credit to do that .
AnswerID: 642509

Sponsored Links