Oztent RV4 matched with RV5

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 03, 2023 at 08:14
ThreadID: 145184 Views:1963 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Morning all - I posted a question about whether you could nest a RV4 in the front of an RV5 as was considering this as a family tent option.

Dimensionally looked like it was possible, so I bought an RV4 and it works. About 5cm of clearance on each side if you tuck it in about 10cm. Gives a good amount of space in the vestibule area and is a couple of m shorter than 2 RV5’s joined together. Some photos below.

Setup time is pretty quick (for the two tents only, however once you add the fly, the side panels etc and all the pegs it’s again about an hour.

Cheers Tom
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard M29 - Tuesday, Jan 03, 2023 at 15:37

Tuesday, Jan 03, 2023 at 15:37
Good to know. I bought a RV3 in winter, for winter camps with my dog. Got the Fly as well. If I need a bigger tent would go with the RV4 to merge with. I love the tent, am not a summer camper, just cold weather, the colder the better. I use a gas heater sparingly, mainly in the mornings. Sit around a fire until about 11pm at night, the dog goes in around 9pm, because he gets cold. He has his own sleeping bag.
AnswerID: 642474

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Tuesday, Jan 03, 2023 at 15:55

Tuesday, Jan 03, 2023 at 15:55
Haven’t needed to supplement our RV-3 with another Oztent yet. Maybe when the grandies are a bit older?
Have used our 3 with the Oztent Caravan Connector, and it has been quite successful in steady rain. The awning sides would be most necessary, in driving rain, I’d suggest.

Have lately added a 3M awning on the near side which help further in wet weather.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 642475

Sponsored Links