ExplorOz App - Storage Data Usage, Android..

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 10:37
ThreadID: 145019 Views:2772 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
With all maps installed I am seeing 17.32GB of space used by ExplorOz on my internal storage.. does this sound about right?

Follow up question.. can I moved a lot of this to the SD Card storage?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncan2H - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 10:44

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 10:44
Found a few answers.. https://www.exploroz.com/forum/140407/exploroz-traveller-storage

Looks like I'm already using SD Card for storage.. so why is 17.32gb being consumed on internal storage?
AnswerID: 641986

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 11:53

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 11:53
Duncan,

What device are you using (iOS or Android). What are you looking at that is telling you this storage space? Have you been running the app for a long time on this device without reload (months/years) and do you use it a lot? Have you taken a lot of photos using the app?

I have been trying to track down an issue with storage use above what is expected (which this is).
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 921405

Reply By: Member - Duncan2H - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 12:07

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 12:07
Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

Some answers:

Screenshots here that answer some of your queries: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gNMrAeYauJQqqQjWA

* Device version (32GB Galaxy Tab A7)
* App version,
* Storage config in Traveller,
* Android report on Traveller space usage.

Further answers.

* Its not unusual for this device NOT to connect to a network for very long periods of time, and I do quite long trips between network reconnections.
* I do not take photos with the App

For what its worth, this started happening on my last trip.. The device started reporting it was critically low on space. I've been meaning to dig into it for a few weeks and then yesterday a Tablet I set up for a mate (identical to mine, exactly same ExplorOz setup) started showing the same critical space warning - he almost never connects to a network and he does enormous kilometres with the App open.

Hope this helps. I will connect my Tablet to the Network tonight if that helps or I am happy to hold off if there's further diagnosis steps I could take that would assist you.

With thanks,

AnswerID: 641988

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 12:55

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 12:55
Duncan,

Can we please take this job into the Help Desk system as there are some steps and items I want to take and track in the help desk system. So just jump to the bottom of the site page and click on Help Desk and report the problem in there please so we can track the issue correctly. NO need for the photos etc again as I have seen these.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 921407

Sponsored Links