ExplorOz Traveller Updates - new features

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 01, 2022 at 18:46
ThreadID: 145016 Views:2831 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
A week ago, we released v7.4.2 with some great new features we have been working on for the past 8 weeks but there's a few more features yet to be released that need a lot more testing so these are coming in v7.5 that isn't quite ready yet for public release until we've done more testing.

Last week's update to 7.4.2 included:
1. Auto syncing/update of individually selected Place content when online (ie. open a Place and it will check and auto update any new changes)
2. Place update history (admin verification changes) merged into Place Comments for better clarity of changes.
3. New setting for full screen map mode (no buttons)
4. New option in Settings to reset the map engine

And coming soon in v7.5 will be:
1. Photo thumbnails included in offline content (Places, Treks, Track Logs)
2. Data Manager simplified and improved with just a single button to download all offline content (Places, Treks, Track Logs, Reviews & Update History), Media and Reference Manuals and is super fast.
3. Background auto updates any changed Places when device is online
4. New sort option in Place data list for "updated (new - old)"

If you have any questions about how to use these new features, please just ask here in the Forum. I haven't had time to write newsletters about these new features but will do a summary/help once we release v7.5 in a newsletter plus we'll release a video tutorial.

Thanks Michelle
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Rob A1 (SA) - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 10:16

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 10:16
Michelle thanks and well done on the product. I’ve just checked fo updates & my ipad isn’t telling me there is one?
Rob
Rob Ackland

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641985

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 10:53

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 10:53
What version does the app say you have installed already, you've prob already got 7.4.2 released over a week ago.

Version number is found on the About screen.
To find this screen go to Menu - Manuals & About.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 921403

Reply By: Rob A1 (SA) - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 12:14

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 12:14
Michelle it says 7.4.1 and the app store is also saying the same. QED no update??

Rob
Rob Ackland

AnswerID: 641989

Follow Up By: Member - Jim S1 - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 13:13

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 13:13
Mine says same thing.

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 921409

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 13:16

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 13:16
Android updated to 7.4.2 across all my devices, no probs.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 921410

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 13:45

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 13:45
7.4.1 and 7.4.2 are actually the same, except there was an issue with 7.4.2 saying it was 7.4.1 in one of the platforms so we didn't bother fixing it, sorry its a very minor technicality. If you don't have an update and have 7.4.1 that's all you need.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 921413

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 14:13

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 at 14:13
I wanted to bring to your attention one of the new features, being fullscreen map mode.

This concept was requested by a few motorbike riders using phones in the horizontal orientation (landscape) where screen space is at a premium, especially when using prompted navigation or treks where the top 2 rows are used for prompts and reduces the available map space in view. But anyone can use it at anytime if it suits your needs. Please read on:-

First you'll need to change the app's default Settings - go to Map Screen Settings - GPS Lock - select "Full Screen Mode". (Note: The default is "Disable by button").

This fullscreen option allows you to tap the GPS Lock icon to go fullscreen map mode (removes all the usual "fixed" onscreen controls ie. zoom & gps lock toolbar, map layers & odometers). A single tap on the map screen will bring them all back. So its a single tap to toggle fullscreen on/off if you use this setting.

NOTE: this setting does not affect the display of the Speed Panel - so you can keep this on if you like, or you can remove it as you would normally by going into the Settings - Map Screen Settings - and disabling the option to Show Speed Panel.

Remember, at anytime if you wish to return your app to the default settings just click CLEAR SETTINGS.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 641993

Sponsored Links