Traveller V7 Madigan Line Trek

Submitted: Friday, Aug 05, 2022 at 16:54
ThreadID: 144351 Views:3668 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all
Heading off in a couple of weeks to do the Madigan Line - Mt Dare to Birdsville.
Been attempting to create a trek (via web based) have succeeded to get to Madigan camp 1A but from there on I can only get straight line navigation (turn by turn unavailable ??)
Do need to drop lots of waypoints on the the track and straight line between them. ?

Would anyone have an existing Madigan Line trek they would be happy to share.

thanks in advance
Russ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Aug 05, 2022 at 17:12

Friday, Aug 05, 2022 at 17:12
G'day Russ,

Just change the mode to Cycling and then use Madigans camps and other EO Places that are on the track as the waypoints. You don't need to create a whole lot of waypoints of your own.

The only compromise is that the travel times will be wrong as they will be based on bicycling, not driving. But the distances and routing will be correct.

Here's a segment I just did using the two "T"s at the left (Madigan camps 2 and 5) and to the right, Madigan's camp 14. Use whatever waypoints you wish.

FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641375

Reply By: TrevorDavid - Friday, Aug 05, 2022 at 18:42

Friday, Aug 05, 2022 at 18:42
Ras

Can use mine if you wish, or simply do as Frank has suggested.

Go to Track logs, in the search tab type in Madigan line Warr, should bring it up, or just type in Madigan line & have a look at some others.
Didn’t visit the twins on that occasion, but pretty simple to duck over to them.

Regards

TrevorDavid

dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641376

Reply By: Member - RAS52 - Friday, Aug 05, 2022 at 18:46

Friday, Aug 05, 2022 at 18:46
Thanks Frank works a treat.
Travel times aren't important to me, so its spot on.
Bit odd you can cycle the track but not 'drive it'. Think I will be using 4 powered wheels.
AnswerID: 641377

Sponsored Links