Birdsville Roadhouse during Big Red Bash

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 21, 2022 at 21:37
ThreadID: 143919 Views:4635 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Cut and paste from Birdsville Roadhouse Facebook page.

*** FUEL AT THE BIG RED BASH ***

Here's a few ways that we are helping you move through the line faster;

- Accepting payment via Eftpos at the bowser with our Fuel Fairies (they'll also be noting registration plates and $ amounts, as well as providing instructions on where to go if you would prefer to pay cash or need a tax invoice - note that you'll get the Eftpos machine receipt if you choose to pay at the bowser).

- Operating extended hours during the bash to help accommodate the 10,000+ legends making their way through town soon.

- Marshalls and police directing traffic into the right queue for which side your tank is on, whether you need diesel or unleaded, and whether you have a trailer or not.

You can help us by;

- Unhitching your trailer if you have the ability to do so prior to filling up i.e if you are spending a night or two in Birdsville we would love for you to set up camp and come back to the queue sans trailer. By doing this we can speed the process up significantly by being able to utilise more pumps.

- Paying at the bowser. Our fuel fairies won't permit the vehicle to move away from the bowser until payment has been made inside or outside (we have some big cones to put in front of the vehicles to stop this from happening).

- Avoid shopping for fuel and groceries at the same time. We'd love you to sort your fuel out, drive off and park, before returning to stock up on your supplies.

- Be kind. If our maths is correct, the population boom in Birdsville is the same as asking Sydney to suddenly accommodate 500 million people with existing resources. We will truly be doing our absolute best to service everyone in a timely fashion, with a smile of course, and we hope that you can feel how grateful we are to have you here.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 7 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Soft-Roader - Friday, Jun 24, 2022 at 17:14

Friday, Jun 24, 2022 at 17:14
Ahhh... and the best advice is to get a Petrol. Wave on by as you fill up far more quickly.
Lachlan

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 640985

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Saturday, Jun 25, 2022 at 08:41

Saturday, Jun 25, 2022 at 08:41
And far more often. LOL.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 920064

Follow Up By: Zippo - Saturday, Jun 25, 2022 at 11:37

Saturday, Jun 25, 2022 at 11:37
Lachlan, that was our experience in Marree just before a Bash a few years back. Completely out of diesel, queue down the road and around the corner, waiting for the tanker. Petrol? Yeah, plenty.

I can deal with the "more often".
FollowupID: 920065

Sponsored Links