Waeco CF60 display flashing random numbers

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 10:40
ThreadID: 143901 Views:6007 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, I have a waeco CF60 flashing random numbers on the display, this happened after I plugged the fridge into into the mains power and the fridge no longer works - I’m thinking the control board or power board , any advice would be welcome and where I can get spare part in WA or the web..
I have a YouTube link which I can share once I get a reply (exploroz security thing)
Thanks again..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fraser S1 - Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 10:43

Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 10:43
The YouTube link
https://youtube.com/shorts/V6KBBGWCSrw?feature=share
AnswerID: 640921

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 11:30

Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 11:30
Fraser, it's impossible to be sure of such things without inspection and testing but it is likely to be the control board. If it were the power supply then there would probably be no display at all. I take it that your video is with the fridge supplied by 12v.
Probably a minor component fault but requiring familiarity and skill to identify so a new board is maybe the best bet.
A replacement board can be obtained from here A very reliable supplier with 6 boards in stock.
Alternatively, you would need to take it to a local repair business.

You also need to be sure how the damage was initiated to avoid repeating the problem.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 640922

Follow Up By: Fraser S1 - Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:15

Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:15
Thanks Allan , it had been plugged into mains for weeks then I moved it and plugged it back into mains then the display started the random flashing nonsense - I haven’t tried 12v but have assumed it won’t work on 12v either- thanks for the supplier link, I just need to check the fridge version- I think it’s a Version B fridge so I think the following part is the one I need ?

https://www.caravansplus.com.au/waeco-pcb-main-board-suit-all-waeco-cf-verb-p-14017.html?products_id=14017

Cheers Fraser
FollowupID: 919995

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:45

Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 12:45
When it comes to fault-finding, making "assumptions" can lead you up a garden path. Try it on 12v.

If you fridge is "type B" then the components for the display are on a small board on the back of the display/button module. The fault may even be there. This is why an accredited Waeco service business can easily determine the fault...... they have replacements on hand that can be substituted to identify the faulty component. You will pay for their time but be sure of a result without buying stuff that you may not need. It's all a gamble.

Certainly, if you open the fridge, the circuit boards can be seen and identified by the images on Caravans Plus.
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 919996

Follow Up By: Fraser S1 - Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 23:35

Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 23:35
Hi Allan , yip the fridge is a CF60VER B type and the circuit board layout matches the picture on the web so I think this will hopefully sort this ..
FollowupID: 919999

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Monday, Jun 20, 2022 at 08:10

Monday, Jun 20, 2022 at 08:10
That looks right to me. Cross your fingers that the display board is OK.
Let's know how it goes.
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 920001

Reply By: Member - LeighW - Saturday, Jun 25, 2022 at 13:44

Saturday, Jun 25, 2022 at 13:44
Looks like the power supply might be hiccupping, switch modes power supplies can become unstable when they age, not unusual for devices with switch mode supplies to work for years until a power failure then the just won't restart when the power comes back on due to dried out electrolytic capacitors.

As above, try it off a battery, if it works ok the power supply unit is probably kaput.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 640986

Sponsored Links