Difficulty logging on

Submitted: Friday, May 27, 2022 at 21:35
ThreadID: 143769 Views:4116 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I have exploreoz installed on a samsung tablet. When I go to open the app lately, I get the message " the connection to the server was unsuccessful". Any ideas please. We have just started a 5 month trip and it would have been good to rely on the exploreoz app.
Thanks
Ewan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncan2H - Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 08:29

Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 08:29
Have you installed the offline maps?
AnswerID: 640688

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 10:27

Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 10:27
When you say the problem occurs "lately", the implication is that previously it worked properly and now it doesn't. Is that correct? If so, what changes might you have done since it last worked properly? Are you using the correct log-on credentials in Traveller? Eg have you changed your account password or email but not updated it in Traveller?

BTW, the app's name is Traveller, made by a company called ExplorOz (spelled with only one "e".)

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 640689

Reply By: Member - Dick L - Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 10:41

Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 10:41
You say you have just started a trip. Has this problem begun since you started the trip?
Are you connected to the internet?
Have you downloaded the Offline Maps? If so have you ticked the Offline Maps in Map Layers (top right of screen)

AnswerID: 640690

Reply By: Member - wicket - Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 11:23

Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 11:23
Try reading the manual, pretty obvious what the issue is , Dick above has it sussed.
AnswerID: 640691

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 14:53

Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 14:53
Hi Ewan,
I'm about to drive out the door for a trip - all packed. Auto replies are on the Help Desk so thought I'd quickly pop in a response to you here....
Your post is titled "logging on" - is that the issue? Ie entering your email/password into the User Account? If so you must be online - and I query why you are logged off in the first place?
You should never log off from the user account as this will cause problems. Keep your details logged in and when you close the app, just use the normal method to close an app (ie. tap the 3 vertical lines at bottom left of your device where you will then see all open apps and swipe the minimised app away) but do not log off. If you log off, you cannot log back in when offline and by logging off you will delete all your Places/Treks databaase (for IP security reasons) so then you are left with no data offline and no way of getting it back until online again.
DON'T LOG OFF
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 640692

Reply By: DamnAwesome - Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 18:58

Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 18:58
I too, have experienced this same issue. Mainly on my android head unit. It for a while would still load with the error message over the top, until you click ok. Then it would crash the app, I’d have to force quit the app a few times before it would load. However since the last update it just sits on the ExplorOz screen with that error. I expect I will have to uninstall and reinstall and download all maps again. Really painful as on the road and have low mobile reception.
Running on Android 10, external storage (16GB thumb), quad core T3.
AnswerID: 640927

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 21:34

Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 at 21:34
DA,
Do you have 7.3.0 installed? If not, update.

How long since you tried to log on? In the last 24 hours there has been some new coding at the server end which may resolve your issue.

Open the app, in Data Manager, Delete Main Database (NOT the maps) then try to log on. If successful you'll have to download Places, Treks and comments again.

If that doesn't work, raise a ticket in the help desk.
Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919998

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Jun 20, 2022 at 17:52

Monday, Jun 20, 2022 at 17:52
So, Ewan, is it fixed?
FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 640956