Trek Comment: Karijini National Park

We are here at Karajini staying at Dales Campground for 4 nights. We are two 67 and 69 yr olds. Walked the Rim loop yesterday and down to to the base of the gorge. Worth going that way to appreciate the huge expanse of the gorge. Plus there is a swim at the end. We chose not to swim in the main pool where it was busy and walked the extra 150m to Fern pool which was quieter and the water a little warmer plus we had a nice water fall. On the way to fern pool if you look up into the trees you will probably see a bat roost. We had lunch back at Fortescue Falls, comfy rock seats overlooking the pool and the sound of running water. Today we climbed Mt Bruce, 6 hours return and definitely a level 5 walk.
Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 20:29

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 20:29
A group of us spent a couple of nights in Karijini, in June ‘18. The day before we drove/walked to the summit of Mt Meharry. Two of our party left camp early & climbed Mt Bruce, before all meeting again in Tom Price. They said it was tough going with the high winds on the day, but they enjoyed it.

You did well for folk of that vintage!

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 640482

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Friday, May 13, 2022 at 07:37

Friday, May 13, 2022 at 07:37
We visited Karijini back in 2009 & considered it one of the brightest jewels in the Aussie crown. It was wonderful , but needed a good level of fitness to fully appreciate. I recall several folk we met whilst there bemoaning the fact that they wished they had visited when they were still able to do more than just stand at lookouts. Now at 64 I know I couldn’t do it all with same ease as on our previous visit so I agree with Bob’s comment.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 919602

Reply By: Tim Owen - Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 21:09

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 21:09
It's such a fantastic place ... just wish I could be there now! Stay for as long as you can, where else would you rather be.
AnswerID: 640483

Sponsored Links