Exploroz Victoria trip - How good is it to get out again !

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 25, 2021 at 10:35
ThreadID: 142890 Views:3657 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Our particular circumstances in Melbourne with lockdowns , rules ,border closurse etc meant that we haven't got the wheels dirty since Xmas.
Even this annual pyrenees event was affected for 2nd year and delayed at last minute with rule changes and dire weather predictions.
In the end only 11 turned up but everything came good and it was a seriously pleasant weekend.
Surprizingly the tracks were dry but with many trees down.
I thought lack of use might be the reason for poor track conditions until the odd competition vehicle shot past us.
Turns out a round of the Navrun was being held on the opposite side of the ranges.
So when we came across a tree down we had to stop and chain saw it , whereas guys with the serious big wheels just drove over many of them.
Much track erosion was evident and classic tracks like North Glen Patrick had serious rock steps.
The 100 series cruiser in front of me fell into one hole badly and was rocking on 2 wheels , we all held our breath and then the damm thing slipped
even deeper in.
Serious campfires and plenty of fun !
Thanks Bonz for organising , Hope things get back to normal and see more of you all next year.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 6 Moderator

Reply By: axle - Thursday, Nov 25, 2021 at 15:16

Thursday, Nov 25, 2021 at 15:16
G/Day Robin.

Good to hear you still have it., Tested any new ones lately, ? always loved reading about your excursions!

Cheers Axle'.
AnswerID: 638708

Follow Up By: Robin Miller - Thursday, Nov 25, 2021 at 16:49

Thursday, Nov 25, 2021 at 16:49
Hi Axle

Health issues have slowed me up a lot but retirement has offset that a little as we have more time to pack etc.

On this particular trip we did have something new to test - a 5 month old potential grandson.

We made sure he travelled in a Y62 patrol so as to get a good start in life !
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 917341

Sponsored Links