New Features

Submitted: Friday, Sep 03, 2021 at 21:09
ThreadID: 142514 Views:4686 Replies:5 FollowUps:14
This Thread has been Archived
Some great new features with Tracklogs.

Being able to import GPX directly to device is great. Is it supposed sync to other devices. Haven’t on mine and had to import to both devices. Which is OK if that is how is is to work.

Not sure if that caused it or not but Datamanger Track Logs seems to to stuck on saving mode , only done 9,300%.

The other good feature which I am having trouble with on an IPhone and IPad is being able to alter the track log by Moving the waypoints to different locations. I can delete the waypoint but Moving only seems to work occasionally.

Not sure if a new feature but being able to change colors of tracks is useful.

But over all great new options.

Rich
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard C - Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 06:47

Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 06:47
One consequence of being stuck in the saving mode of Tracklogs is the feature to upload gpx files nolonger exists

Ie when I go to data manager I do not see upload option

Something is wrong.

Richard
AnswerID: 637781

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 08:31

Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 08:31
Morning Richard

It’s all working fine on my IPad. Try going to settings clear main Db (clears tracks, places etc) then download again. Third red tab

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 915897

Reply By: Richard C - Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 10:01

Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 10:01
Trevor
Thanks for the reply.
Thought of that but was hoping to get a reply from ExplorOz first as I have also reported a problem.
I am using my loaded gpx files a lot at the moment and would be concerned they would not load back.

But May give it ago on one device as I can’t load any gpx files as the upload option nolonger appears as an option in the App and using the Web option ends in an error

Richard

AnswerID: 637783

Reply By: Richard C - Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 10:27

Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 10:27
Trevor,
Gave it ago and it did clean up the problem.

Do you know if you load the GPX to one device it will sync with another device.

It does not seem to and I have loaded a new GPX on both.

I am not sure if this is a problem or not but after clearing the DB and reloading, only the GPX files I loaded visa the old Web app were reloaded and had to be loaded again.

I do notice
you can’t edit the track (ie move points around) for GPX files imported via the new method either.
There are also other differences -

The new GPX file is not counted

Richard
AnswerID: 637784

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 11:58

Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 11:58
Richard

Glad it worked

Q1: When loaded on one device It will sync (when online) with the ExplorOz Server via your account & then be available for you to download to the other device. Not directly from one device to the other.

Q2: I would say that the files had not yet synced with the server , (if I understand your question
correctly).

Q3: Haven’t had the need to edit files as yet

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 915899

Reply By: Richard C - Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 12:07

Saturday, Sep 04, 2021 at 12:07
Trevor
I did mean sync with the server not between devices . It just did not seem to do it.

The fact it has worked for you is good to know. I may have missed that in the manuals and was not sure when it didn’t for me.

Will try another one and perhaps be a bit more patient??

Many thanks for your help
Richard
AnswerID: 637786

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 12:52

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 12:52
Richard,

Track Log syncing is automatic and every import will sync. If you are online it will sync before you get to see it on the page. You can tell a synced log as it's ID number will be somethin less than the offline numbers of 1000000 + So if the ID number is in the 20 thousands or so then it has synced to the server.

The resync is set to happen at app load or when you bring the app from the background to the foreground. If windows you will need to close a reopen to see the update appear.

Getting stuck on a weird number can happen if the app was closed during an auto sync and it gets upset. Just close the app and restart and it will clear itself up within a few seconds of the restart.

David

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637815

Follow Up By: Richard C - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 13:02

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 13:02
Thanks David

The track log synching does not seem to be working fir me.

I am using an iPhone snd iPad

The tracklogs I have loaded directly to the iPhone or iPad are not being synched to the server at all.

Since the upgrade I can’t load tracklogs from the web page as per old method. It generates an error

I have raised a problem record for it.

Richard

Checked numbers
The logs I have loaded vis the App are 10000002.
I was online at the time but was done via App.

Other logs I loaded via web page are as you say.

Are you saying that logs loaded by the App are not synched back to the sever?

Richard
FollowupID: 915935

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 13:48

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 13:48
Richard,

No I am not saying that at all. All track logs are synced regardless. Just close the app and re-open and let me know what happens?

Do not touch the website or any other device at the moment till your device is working right.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915936

Follow Up By: Member - Dick L - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:00

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:00
I found that you can only download to Tracks one device and then they will sync. ie If you have downloaded a Track to another device as well it will not sync.
As soon as I deleted Tracks from all my other devices and only used one device for downlods every thing synced.
FollowupID: 915937

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:08

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:08
Dick,
That should not matter but you do not need to download the same tracks to multi devices as they will sync but I have downloaded many across many devices all on the same account - it should work fine but may take a few sync's to get 100% updated on all devices.

You can of course force a resync by pressing the download button on the Data Manager page for TrackLogs, this however is a master restart as it will upload everything that has not been uploaded first and then clear the DB and download everything from the server again.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915938

Follow Up By: Member - Dick L - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:38

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:38
ExplorOz
My 3 Samsung devices and 2 Windows devices where not syncing until I only had downlowds on one Samsung device.
Track Logs Auto Update was ticked but the Update was stuck on 2 & 3 days ago and as soon as I deleted the Tracks from each device the Update occured to todays date and present time..
All downloaded Tracks where in the 1000000+ range then once the extras where deleted they changed to 20000+ range.
In The Map Layers menu the Track Log My Selection was Greyed out.

FollowupID: 915939

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:48

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:48
Dick,

If you had a few issues around the upgrade time then rebooting the app on your devices should be all that is needed to get it sorted again. NOTE a reboot of the app is not just pushing it to the background you must swipe away or close all on Android devices to restart the app.

Once you have them sorted it should keep itself all synced and happy across all your devices. If you are still having any problem please raise a Help Desk issue and Michelle will sort it with you.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915940

Follow Up By: Richard C - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:52

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 14:52
David
Just read your message and went to try it

I first checked the IDs, thanks for that info, and the track I loaded had changed number.

I then loaded another via the iPhone App and it synced immediately

I checked the web site and the numbers matched so all that was working

So what is different as this just didn’t work before
1, I am out and about and my other device and iPad was not with me which I got spot off my iPhone
2. I may have been in a better internet reception area. Mind you I can stream videos do reception should be ok

Any way that has worked fir iPhone I will check my iPad when back at my base

Please note when I had problems I had stopped started app on bothe devices and even rebooted the devices

Will let you know re iPad

Many thanks

Richard
FollowupID: 915941

Follow Up By: Richard C - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 15:36

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 15:36
David
Re some of above

When I was getting the problem I did kill the app as you mentioned and rebooted my machine and it did not work.

Also when I pressed reload button on tracklogs nothing appeared to happen. The web tracklogs numbers were different from my devices.

And as mentioned when I tried to upload a tracklog via the web site I got an error.

But that was over the weekend.

I have effectively done nothing and all seems to work now.

My iPhone tracklogs have synched to the server
My iPad tracklogs , not uploaded on iPhone synched to the server
My iPad and iPhone have synched from the server, ie all 3 components have the same tracklogs. So all working as designed.

So I am unsure what went wrong over the weekend.

FYI
I did load the same gpx file onto the two devices, I did this because it did not initially synch, perhaps that caused problems. I also tried to display a number of tracks onto the map at the same time.

I was using the App earlier this morning before I checked if sync was working . I use it while riding my bike in bushy areas where you or at least me could easily get lost.

If you want any info from me please let me know

Many thanks again
Richard

FollowupID: 915942

Follow Up By: Member - Dick L - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 15:37

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 15:37
ExplorOz
As you said once I got it working it is now able to load from any device and sync to all of them
Thanks
Dick

Richard C sorry for stealing your thread. Glad you got it sorted as well.
FollowupID: 915943

Follow Up By: Richard C - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 15:46

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 15:46
More than happy to share a problem ??

Great to hear all is going ok.

Being able to load via App is a great feature which I have wanted for awhile so was disappointed when I had troubles

Nice to know why I did, happy to admit I did something wrong, just wish I knew what it was.

I even sorted out the hassles I had with moving the points in a tracklog. Will play with it a bit more now thst the synch issue has been resolved

Richard

Richard
FollowupID: 915944

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 18:34

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 18:34
Thanks guys glad it is now sorted. There was a potential for someone with a lot of Track Logs to have the app seem slow at first boot after upgrade as it syncs/resyncs the tracklog database. Some devices may appear like there is something wrong so we crash the app out (swipe away etc). This can put the database in limbo for when you next load the app and will be resolved by another restart/resync or Update/Download button in the Track Logs section within Data Manager. I did not think this would trip up too many if this was what actually happened but should only be device specific unless we crash it out on all!

Anyway perfect all working, if you need 'us' for problems always use the Help Desk though we my be lurking in the forum periodically. Also the forum is a perfect place to get peer input.
David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915949

Follow Up By: Richard C - Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 19:08

Monday, Sep 06, 2021 at 19:08
David
The help desk facility is a good set up. I did raise an issue.

I am just an impatient bugger and it was the weekend.

Many thanks to you and others who have provided input

Richard
FollowupID: 915957

Sponsored Links