Cuppa's Blog - Back to Laura again

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 24, 2021 at 10:49
ThreadID: 142255 Views:5635 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
After returning to Mareeba to get new batteries & a split water tank plastic welded, we returned to Laura where we have been chilling out for the past 10 days. ........ and getting older.

New blog post
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: RMD - Saturday, Jul 24, 2021 at 11:00

Saturday, Jul 24, 2021 at 11:00
Cuppa
Were you getting older before that too? If you really want to chill out, Victoria is a great way to achieve that this winter! See you soon if the Mad Premiers will allow.
AnswerID: 637281

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Saturday, Jul 24, 2021 at 11:20

Saturday, Jul 24, 2021 at 11:20
Love the birds, Cuppa.
Thanks

Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637282

Reply By: Member - Bigfish - Sunday, Jul 25, 2021 at 08:30

Sunday, Jul 25, 2021 at 08:30
I,ve read your blogs and find them to be good reading. However in your latest blog you state...

"Of course plenty of folk ignore the need for booking & take a punt, but stories abound about frustration & anger when the booked folk arrive to find ‘their’ spot has been taken & the ’squatters’ are unwilling to move. When necessary we will be squatters but will be willing to move if sharing is not possible or acceptable. There is no other way without accepting the unacceptable (to us) burden of a rigid itinerary. We think, however, that by seeking the solitude & interest of places less visited by the ‘three weekers’ we can find the Cape that we want to find. "

This is not the right attitude to take. I,ve seen a few dust ups from people illegally camping in others reserved sites. What is unacceptable to you is quite acceptable to many. Just because it does not suit you does not give you the right to squatt, as you say. Just move on..it saves stress and don't forget..not everyone has the freedom of unlimited time for a holiday and need an itinerary to plan to. Cheers.
AnswerID: 637286

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Saturday, Jul 31, 2021 at 11:39

Saturday, Jul 31, 2021 at 11:39
Written after the fact whilst we have internet briefly. I understand you point of view Big Fish. We left Lakefield NP after a week yesterday. Loved it! All sites were fully booked. Unable to book any. Stayed at 4 different sites & checked out many more. Only one site we stayed at had others there with a booking who arrived after us(Orange plains no.1) , plenty of room & they were happy for us to stay, one site (Annie River) was obviously full & we passed it by. *All* others (Including all other Orange Plains & the whiphandle sites, Browns River, & Five Mile Creek) we either stayed at or checked out were vacant.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 915362

Sponsored Links