100 Series Landcruiser Diesel Intermittent Hard Starting

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 19:18
ThreadID: 141945 Views:5763 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
My hzj105 cranks but doesn’t start when it’s warm on an intermittent basis. Leave it for a few minutes and away it goes. I have read a thread from a few years ago that mentions a immobiliser unit that gives trouble and the possibility of bypassing it. Any help or guidance as to where it is and the procedure would be greatly appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rumpig - Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 20:46

Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 20:46
If you can somehow give me your email address (doubt you want to post it up here?), I’ll send you a how to for bypassing the imobiliser, complete with pictures. I documented it when a mate bypassed my 105 series immobiliser.
EDIT…actually I’ll need to check I still have it after my computer crashed last year. Worst case scenario can ask about it on LCOOL forum, I emailed it to a heap of people on there over a few years, so somebody should have a copy of it.
AnswerID: 636739

Reply By: Jvlrf800 - Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 20:54

Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 20:54
Thank you, it was your thread from a few years back that prompted me to ask. I’m happy to send you my email address but don’t know how to go about that
AnswerID: 636740

Follow Up By: rumpig - Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 20:58

Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 20:58
Let me first look on my computer to see if I still have it, I lost a heap of stuff when my computer crashed. I should still have private messages on LCOOL forum of some people I emailed it to, so hopefully might be able to get it again if I lost it.
FollowupID: 914690

Reply By: Jvlrf800 - Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 21:37

Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 21:37
Cheers, really appreciate thst
AnswerID: 636741

Follow Up By: rumpig - Thursday, Jun 10, 2021 at 05:35

Thursday, Jun 10, 2021 at 05:35
Hey mate,
Have managed to get a copy of the instructions from somebody I had previously sent them to on LCOOL forum, just need to work out a way to get them to you now. If you join LCOOLforum or are on it already (?) you can private message me your email address through there.
FollowupID: 914692

Reply By: Jvlrf800 - Friday, Jun 11, 2021 at 08:40

Friday, Jun 11, 2021 at 08:40
Cheers for that, think I am member
AnswerID: 636762

Reply By: rumpig - Friday, Jun 11, 2021 at 11:43

Friday, Jun 11, 2021 at 11:43
In short, you need to access this solenoid….it won’t look like that now, it’s covered with a black box pictured below.

You need to remove the immobiliser unit that covers the solenoid…. You can drill out the break off security bolts, or I have heard people cut the unit apart with a multi tool, or in the bush they just got a screwdriver and hammer and broke it apart. You can see in the second pic that inside the immobiliser is a wire that bolts onto the solenoid, you need to access the nut on the solenoid and undo the nut, and remove that wire that’s inside the immobiliser ….don’t damage the solenoid though as you remove the immobiliser.
Pic 3… The immobiliser just clamps around the solenoid with the 2 security bolts that hold it on.

You then need to cut the wiring loom off the back of the immobiliser (this unit is what’s stopping your vehicle starting)

Put a electrical lug on the purple wire of the electrical loom you cut off (insulate the other 2 wires)

Then attach that purple wire onto the solenoid with the nut you removed from it earlier, and plug your wiring loom back in…job done

NOTE…you no longer have an immobiliser on your vehicle now, I have no idea if you can get replacements or what’s involved with reinstalling them…but your car will start fine now and not do what it was previously doing.
I have a slightly more comprehensive guide of exactly how we did mine showing the drilling out of the security bolts, but in essence you need to attach the purple wire to the solenoid once you remove the immobiliser.

AnswerID: 636763

Sponsored Links