Article Review: ExplorOz Traveller

My Article Rating: My Rating 3/5

Hi Have just purchased the Traveler App and am wondering after reading some of the posts in the forum if i need to get the EOTopo as well. Main reason for purchase of traveler App was to keep an eye on where we were on an up coming trip to the Kimberly from SA via the Tanami. Not planning on any extensive side trips other than the main tourists stops due to time constraints. We will have hard copy of the latest HEMA maps with us as well.
Is it worth it for this type of trip?
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Jun 04, 2021 at 14:31

Friday, Jun 04, 2021 at 14:31
Yes you will need an EOTopo licence to download the offline maps otherwise you won't have access to zoom the map into detail when offline. The LoRes map pack provided with the initial app purchase provides zoom to Level 8 only when offline. So if you want to see as much of the map offline as you can see when online (ie. zoom to level 18) you will need to purchase EOTopo and download the HIRes and XHires maps.

The only reason the map is sold separately is so people can buy the app separately for setting up 2nd or 3rd devices. It is expected that all buyers would need both the app and the EOTopo offline maps because in Australia you cannot get internet coverage every to rely on the internet maps only.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636682

Follow Up By: speleo - Sunday, Jun 06, 2021 at 23:53

Sunday, Jun 06, 2021 at 23:53
I also have just purchased both but can’t get the app to go to current location..

I have use GPS hole using app, and can search for a place , it can’t return to current location or watch it change as we drive…
FollowupID: 914662

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Friday, Jun 04, 2021 at 14:48

Friday, Jun 04, 2021 at 14:48
For $50 you get all the maps you need in brilliant detail and clarity. It's a bargain mate !!!
Download them and they are available always on your iPad, iPhone etc.

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636683

Reply By: speleo - Monday, Jun 07, 2021 at 00:18

Monday, Jun 07, 2021 at 00:18
Now I have just found the Manual, silly me!

But the O crosshairs or Arrow head does not take me back to current location when I have panned a few 100km away!!!

I have not seen a location Crosshairs yet!!
AnswerID: 636697

Sponsored Links