Tracker Queries

Submitted: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 16:00
ThreadID: 141776 Views:4740 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just a couple of queries I hope you can help me with when using the app...........

Is there a way of keeping my current position in the centre of the screen and not go off screen as I travel? ie have the map 'roll' under my current position

Also when I enable tracker it brings up part of my last trip and puts a straight line to my new beginning point, even though I saved the last trip.

thanks
Graham
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 17:02

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 17:02
It's Traveller, BTW, though there is a tracker function built in!!

Q1. Look at the image below and the GPS lock (circled). If it's white, moving map is turned off and your current position (the big blue Position Indicator arrow) will move off screen. Your GPS lock might look like a paper dart. If so it's in Track Up mode. In either case, tap it. The Position Indicator will centre across the width of the screen and if in Track Up mode may be displaced towards the bottom, depending on defaults and if you've altered them. If in North Up mode (the GPS Lock looking like a gunsight), the Position Indicator will be centred on the screen.

Q2. When you save the last trip it clears the tracking data from your device, but it doesn't turn the tracker facilityoff. When you go the starting point of a new trip and switch the device on, it records the straight line from when it was last turned off to where it was turned on because tracking was on and it has no other data.

To prevent this you need to switch the tracker function on and off manually (Menu/Tracker/the Enable slider) or go to Settings and play with the first of the Tracker Settings - discussed on P46 of the User Manual.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636451

Reply By: Member - Graham D2 - Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 19:26

Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 19:26
Thank you Frank. I'll give it a go when we move again on Thursday.

Graham
AnswerID: 636453

Sponsored Links