Help with installing replacement troopy passenger seat

Submitted: Friday, May 07, 2021 at 12:05
ThreadID: 141695 Views:6777 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
HI,
I'm new to this forum and have just been reading the threads about seat replacement in troopys. Have looked into buying new Recaro, Stratos etc but apart from the expense, the waiting time for stock is around 3 months or more at the moment (? due to Covid). So we're looking at buying a second hand seat from a wreckers. We own a 75 series Troopy with original bench seat on passenger side.

Reading past threads it seems like most people are competent to find, modify and fit their own second hand seats but we're not! It seems a bit of a minefield out there - ensuring seat is ADR certified, working out what other parts might be needed to fit the seat and ensure it will pass engineer requirements.
So my query is about finding someone who will give us advice about best seat to buy, instal it for us and make sure it will pass engineer certification.
Does anyone have any tips for such a person in Melbourne who might be able to help us?
Thanks in advance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: That Troopy Bloke - Friday, May 07, 2021 at 12:29

Friday, May 07, 2021 at 12:29
Huracan
AnswerID: 636289

Follow Up By: Heidegirl - Friday, May 07, 2021 at 18:28

Friday, May 07, 2021 at 18:28
Thanks, have already looked this link up..looks like the adaptors only work for Ford Falcons or Holden commodore?
FollowupID: 914183

Reply By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Friday, May 07, 2021 at 18:02

Friday, May 07, 2021 at 18:02
Apart from the seats the passenger side seat belt female socket end will need to be modified/changed as it is a floppy strap and not a solid covered strap like the driver's side.

I changed my seats myself and still have the floppy strap that came through the 3/4 bench seat and it is a nuisance for the passenger to use.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 636297

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Saturday, May 08, 2021 at 07:25

Saturday, May 08, 2021 at 07:25
Have a look at Landcruiser Owners On Line forum (LCOOL), there is a specific section on 70 Series Landcruisers. You may even find some is selling their seats after an upgrade.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636308

Reply By: Member - John - Saturday, May 08, 2021 at 08:39

Saturday, May 08, 2021 at 08:39
Heidegirl, the Huracan adaptors are just that, adaptors that allow Ford or Holden seats to be used in your Toyota. I looked into it for my Patrol but the seats sit too high for me. I found the best Ford seat was the Explorer ones, no high bolsters on the sides, easier getting in and out and also storage under the drivers seat, bases are ADR approved as are seats, good luck. Huracan 75 series
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 636309

Follow Up By: Heidegirl - Sunday, May 09, 2021 at 08:08

Sunday, May 09, 2021 at 08:08
HI,
thanks for your reply. They sure do look like nice seats, but the Hurican listing says the adaptors only fit from Ford BA - FGX. So I'm presuming these newer model seats won''t work?
I'll follow up with Hurican - where did you get yours from? Not seeing anything like this on ebay or gumtree
FollowupID: 914216

Follow Up By: Member - John - Sunday, May 09, 2021 at 08:28

Sunday, May 09, 2021 at 08:28
Heidegirl, I bought from Huracan direct. If you compare thepic of Explorer seats and XR6 seats, the Explorer ones are much easier to get in and out of. They use the same runners, so no problems fitting to the Huracan base.

John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 914217

Sponsored Links