ExplorOz Traveller Private Trek Reversing Direction

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 16:18
ThreadID: 141563 Views:5166 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am aware that shared ExplorOz treks can be navigated from either “end”, however this feature isn’t available for private treks. I know many people use tracks to navigate, but I like that treks allow me monitor distances and times between Places. The pain is that I have to create two treks if I am retracing my steps (unless I am missing something). It would be a great feature if there was a choice of direction of travel on private treks. Is this being considered at all?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 18:17

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 18:17
Hi Steve & Paula,

Well from the horses mouth (for those that do not know me, I am the app developer and business owner). I have been working on this however it is not as simple as it sounds. That is why I build each direction manually (well auto manually) when we publish a new ExplorOz Trek. The main reason is simply reversing the data, some is simply some is hard. Reversing the line, start point & end point are all easy but reversing guided turn by turn is not so easy to switch around - it has to be recreated. So the building of the trek place to place guidance needs to rebuilt in reverse for each leg and may not always go as you intended in an automatic way. So really if you intend to travel backwards as part of the trek I suggest you build it in as you build the plan place to place.

If you or anyone else can think of another way I am happy to receive feedback.

PS: It would be easy if the trek does not contain turn by turn data but I think that is what you are wanting to have in reverse.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636102

Follow Up By: Member - Steve & Paula - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 18:43

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 18:43
Thanks David, I obviously didn’t understand the complexity of the task. I assumed that because it is available on the ExplorOz Treks that it would be the same for personal treks. Still loving the product and appreciate your responsiveness.
FollowupID: 913956

Sponsored Links