Lakefield NP Qld

Submitted: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 14:19
ThreadID: 143728 Views:3683 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We will be camping here in August. Now need to book a site. Have done Kapower and Hahn Crossing...any other suggestions? Bookings now required.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 21:09

Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 21:09
Kalpowar & Hahns crossing are basically the two larger camps on the main drag through the middle of the park. It depends what you like but for me they are the camps I would choose to avoid . Not because there is anything wrong with those camps or se, but because I consider the real experience on offer at Lakefield is ‘getting away from it all’ and pretty much any of the smaller camps away from the main drag provide that. All are either at rivers or billabongs and are quiet, peaceful & with wildlife. We spent 10 days in the park last year, but could easily have made it a month. I think Lakefield is an understated Cape York gem.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 640603

Follow Up By: Member - silkwood - Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 14:48

Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 14:48
I'd agree with Cuppa here. There are so many good sites. The Normanby River sites are (mostly) great.

One I wouldn't recommend is the Byzant River camp in the north (the one with the "boat ramp"). Open, dusty (or muddy) and unpleasant.

Cheers,

Mark
FollowupID: 919715

Sponsored Links