Where is it specifically?

This screen picture came up on my PC courtesy of Microsoft and gives the general area but as we're hoping to be in this region in a few months is there anyone who can identify the road, or better still, the section of road?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bellony - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 00:33

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 00:33
https://parks.dpaw.wa.gov.au/park/greater-beedelup
AnswerID: 636803

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 06:42

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 06:42
Not sure about the specific road, but on Google maps sat view there appears to only one major bitumen road, the Vasse Hwy.
Dropping the little street view man down there, the terrain / vegetation looks a little different though.
Some places in the park seem to have been burned in the recent years.
AnswerID: 636807

Follow Up By: Member - PhilD_NT - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 07:42

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 07:42
I did do some searching on Google street view and couldn't find something similar. Also some sections look like either fire trails or the hiking trails that have had their camera people over them.
FollowupID: 914735

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 09:51

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 09:51
See the Beedelup Falls site ive just linked to your post. This is a visitor location in the region that is probably where the photo was taken along the way in although the roads here are pretty much all like that. This is SW WA. Beautiful isn't it.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636813

Follow Up By: Member - PhilD_NT - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 10:40

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 10:40
Thanks Michelle,
We were down that way 4 years ago but took the Hwy 1 route up from Albany to Bridgetown then across to Margaret Rvr so this time, lockdowns permitting, we want to take the drive through Pemberton etc.

When I first saw that picture the road looked so narrow that I thought it might just be a bike path. Got more complicated to locate it when I saw that on Google Street View that the Bibbulmun Track and some other walks had been included in their camera view.

Just been having a wonderful time filling in our G2G applications for WA entry through Kununarra. What fun that was for a possible 3 month trip covering a lot of wildflower and other areas. We then realised that similar joy was to happen for exiting to SA then back home to the NT. Could even have to return home back through Broome yet.

Sadly, it looks like I'll have to persevere with screen mirroring my phone with Traveller to the existing Kenwood double DIN conversion. Recently got a Teyes CC3 conversion but have pretty well run out of time to sort out some physical and connection/CANBUS issues to be able to use it. Was looking brilliant though for what did work properly.
FollowupID: 914739

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 12:20

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 12:20
Looks like that could be it, sealed road.
Certainly going to a falls you'd expect the more rugged terrain . . .

Google maps street view again

I think they may have photoshopped the image a bit to get it so saturated, pretty typical of website techs.
FollowupID: 914743

Reply By: Member - Rowdy6032 (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 13:22

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2021 at 13:22
From memory Vasse Hwy, west of Karri Valley.
AnswerID: 636818

Reply By: Alan H11 - Thursday, Jun 17, 2021 at 06:26

Thursday, Jun 17, 2021 at 06:26
We drove through this park in 2019 - went exploring down the trails which were not indicated as "no entry" for vehicles, and eventually found ourselves on the wrong side of a closed gate with a sign saying "no entry". I guess they can't signpost every junction....
AnswerID: 636838

Sponsored Links