i need your help to plan a trip

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 01, 2021 at 19:37
ThreadID: 141327 Views:5384 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all.

Its been about 10 years since our last roadtrip and with a recently purchased MCD Cape York we are ready to start trippn again but this time its a bit different.

We bought a CT because we love our dogs. So I want to plan a trip on the NSW south coast that is dog friendly.

Can anyone recommend an itinerary or suggest locations that are pet friendly?

Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Apr 02, 2021 at 11:24

Friday, Apr 02, 2021 at 11:24
Simon,

Only you can determine how far you are prepared to travel per day and the length of time you have for the trip.
So I suggest you look at a map and plan your trip using the above parameters.
I use a speadsheet and plan the day's distance to travel and look for possible destinations around that distance. Most times we stay at least a couple of days at each destination to limit the amount of setup and provide time to experience the local attractions and features.
If you plan to stay in caravan parks you can check online, or contact them to see if the park is pet friendly and even book the park in advance once you are sure you will reach each destination.
It is really not that difficult and you may actually enjoy this planning stage as much as the trip itself.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 635840

Reply By: Justin B6 - Thursday, Apr 08, 2021 at 18:15

Thursday, Apr 08, 2021 at 18:15
G'day Simon,

Not sure if this will get to you too late but I have 2 dogs and took them on a trip 20-day trip South from Sydney, out along the Murray River and then North to Hay and onto the Murrumbidgee River which I followed East back towards Sydney. Was an amazing trip and all dog friendly.

We headed South staying at Bago SF, from there we stayed at Jingellic Pub out the back right on the bank of the Murray. We simply followed the river West from here camping at the numerous Regional Parks which are all dog friendly and free.

We headed North around Echuca towards Hay, staying at another Regional Park just outside of town on the Murrumbidgee.

The worst part of the trip was getting back close to Sydney, where the campsites went from pristine for 12 days to various levels of trashed closer to town. We had an amazing trip and so did our dogs. Can recommend it to anyone.

We paid for 1 night in a pet-friendly motel in Wagga purely to do some laundry. Otherwise every night was a free camp and every single one if them, besides one night in Newnes, was beautiful.
AnswerID: 635931

Reply By: Simon N5 - Thursday, Apr 08, 2021 at 20:58

Thursday, Apr 08, 2021 at 20:58
Hey Justin.
Thanks for your help mate thats just what I was looking for.
Unfortunately I don’t have 20 days mate, only a week or so but that’s a great place to start and now I know what to look out for too.
Thanks again mate.
AnswerID: 635934

Sponsored Links