tracklog Comment: Track to Barcooting Well

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021 at 14:08
ThreadID: 141116 Views:5646 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
NOTE that the track from the corner of Hunter Road and Warrachuppin North Road to Barcooting Well to is fenced off at the corner (June 2020).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: equinox - Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021 at 20:01

Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021 at 20:01
Thanks Gary, I wasn't sure what was happening down that end of the track.
I thought it was road easement; was it a fixed structure fence? Do you mean Boordarockin North Road?

Though visiting twice, I've never been camping at Barcooting Well, however if I did - I'd spend more time looking for another tank - I reckon there is another one there somewhere.

You can still get through to Mount Jackson Road from Lake Deborah Road at the eastern end - there is a No Through Road sign there.

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 635182

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021 at 23:02

Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021 at 23:02
Years ago when we went to Barcooting Well, we contacted the landowner and got permission to drive east along the fenceline from that intersection (Hunter & Boodarockin Nth) then out onto the track again.

That would have been 20 years ago though.

I've got some photos of Barcooting Well on a hard drive somewhere but darned if I can find them.
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 912717

Follow Up By: Member - Gary A10 - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2021 at 11:53

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2021 at 11:53
Alan, you are absolutely correct it should be Boodarockin North Road. I cant see how to edit my first post.

The fence has clearly been there a long time but it is a movable one so they can get machinery into the paddock.

We took that road through the Reserve you mentioned - its a great drive.
FollowupID: 912722

Sponsored Links