EO Traveller saved personal trek accept route calculation prompt

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 23, 2021 at 14:54
ThreadID: 141010 Views:5976 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
When I load some of my saved personal treks I am prompted to accept the route for every waypoint. There appears to be nothing in the settings (e.g. auto recalculation online on/off) that prevents this behaviour. It occurs whether I use the Android or Windows versions of the app but for more treks in the Windows version, particularly for those that have been created by modifying ExploreOz Treks. This is particularly annoying as I purchased the Windows version just for trip planning and trek creation. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Jan 23, 2021 at 15:07

Saturday, Jan 23, 2021 at 15:07
I've seen this happen but only if there is an error in one or more segments causing it to force a recalc...I think you have a trek corruption. It may not be possible to fix but you can try. Otherwise just recreate.

To fix you should open the trek SHOW and then go to the DIRECTIONS tab. This will identify where the error is...usually due to one or more Places used so might need to delete a Place and use another Place instead.

Best solution is start again. Just add each Place in order and avoid messy reordering etc as that's where things can go wrong.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634879

Reply By: Member Kentlyn - Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 09:41

Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 09:41
You are lucky to be able to save trecks. Latest update means I cannot access treks from Traveler
but have to go to website.
Luckily I have been using Oziexplorer.
Much of my traveling is out of wifi access so Traveler not much use

Rob
AnswerID: 634963

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 10:50

Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 10:50
I had that issue on my Windows machine, Michelle diagnosed the problem to the lack of a gps that was preventing the save button from being live. Disabling location services for the app fixed the problem. Oddly it wasn't an issue when I was running an emulator and using the Android app on the PC.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 912407

Sponsored Links