Exploroz Traveller

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 19:06
ThreadID: 140978 Views:7917 Replies:9 FollowUps:44
This Thread has been Archived
How do I update Exploroz traveller to version 5.0.7 on my android galaxy S9 ?
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: TrevorDavid - Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 19:56

Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 19:56
George

From the store where you did the original download from.

Look at setting your device to auto updates. Happens automatically if that is better for you.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634782

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 20:32

Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 20:32
Hi Trevor, I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computer stuff
I originally downloaded from Play Store, i think.
However, there is no "update" provision there.
In my device, where do I find "auto updates" other than the actual android update ?
Cheers
FollowupID: 912174

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 08:19

Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 08:19
Auto updates?

Have searched for an auto update option both in the app & in iOS settings & have not found any such option.

Does it exist? If so can someone tell me where it is please?

Not that it’s a big deal as we are generally well informed when an update is released. Curious as much as anything after seeing it mentioned here but unable to locate it.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 912189

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 08:41

Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 08:41
Morning Cuppa

On your IOS device

Settings..App Store...Turn on Apps in automatic downloads..then turn on automatic downloads in mobile data ( if thats what you use)..then select always allow, or always ask, or ask if over 200Mb.

Regards

TrevorDavid

dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912190

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 08:57

Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 08:57
Thanks TD. Found it. Had been looking for a specific ExplorOz auto update option.

I would have trusted that.

Am less trusting of auto updates for all my apps, some can be very frequent & large downloads, often with no noticeable changes. As I am on a limited mobile data allowance I tend to take the ‘if it aint broke don’t fix it’ view.

Was hoping there may have been an auto update for places & treks. ??
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

FollowupID: 912191

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 09:29

Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 09:29
"Was hoping there may have been an auto update for places & treks. ??"

Cuppa,

That would be a good suggestion for D&M. In the meantime just go to Data Manager and in Places & Treks select Update as often as you like.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912193

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 20:52

Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 20:52
Go to the Playstore, search for Exploroz Traveller. When you find it, select it to download it. Instead of a green "Install" button you should see a green "Update" button. Select that and you'll get the update. You will not need to re-download the maps.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 634784

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 22:06

Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 22:06
Hi Frank, I did exactly that but no green Update Button.
I still have version 5.0.3

Also I have to "log on" every time I open Exploroz, I do have "remember" with a tick
Cheers
FollowupID: 912181

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 22:17

Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 22:17
George

Re the auto update

Frank will know more than I, as Im an I.O.S user, but it will be something like this

On your device

Tap play store, swipe across to settings, auto updates, tap on wifi or cell for for auto updates.

Just beware that this will update any App that you have on your S9 , that has an update available.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912182

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 22:21

Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 22:21
Hi George,

I am a beta tester for the app, so perhaps I get it a bit earlier than regular users.

On a Windows machine it was auto updated to 5.0.7. On an Android tablet it wasn't autoupdated but when I did the method above just now, I got the Update button.

It was released only yesterday so it may take a little while to percolate through the Playstore system to regular users. Suggest you check a couple of times over the next day or so.

Failing that Michelle can give you more help than I can, via the help desk.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912183

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 22:31

Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 22:31
TrevorDavid posted as I was typing.

The sequence to get to autoupdates in Android:

Open Google Play Store
Locate the 3 bar menu icon at the top left and tap it
Scroll down if necessary to the Settings gear wheel and tap it
Tap Auto-update apps
Select either of the first two options
Tap Done
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912184

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 23:05

Thursday, Jan 14, 2021 at 23:05
Hi Frank and Trevor, I really appreciate your interest.
I have done exactly as you both have advised and as far as I can see, all settings are correct.
However, Exploroz Traveller has not moved and is still on v5.0.3
I think this may be a David or Michelle problem.

Just a thought, if I uninstall Traveller from my phone and then reinstall from Play Store I should get the latest version, right ?
The only concern is that I have plotted a Navigating Track, on Traveller, that we will be using on our next trip away. It is currently active every time I open Traveller.

Am I going to loose that ?
Cheers
FollowupID: 912185

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 05:58

Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 05:58
Morning George

Auto updates generally occur overnight.

No I don't think you would need to delete then re-install the App.

This may be a silly question, but are logged into the App?

At this point it wouldn't hurt to power down your S9 wait a bit (I generally count to eleven) then power it back up. Swipe the App closed first.

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912186

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 09:21

Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 09:21
"Just a thought, if I uninstall Traveller from my phone and then reinstall from Play Store I should get the latest version, right ?
The only concern is that I have plotted a Navigating Track, on Traveller, that we will be using on our next trip away. It is currently active every time I open Traveller.

Am I going to loose that ?"

I agree with Trevor - don't uninstall. If you do you will lose your maps and you'll have to download them again. This should be resolvable without such drastic action.

Also, as Trevor said, make sure the app is fully closed before checking for an update. Re-starting your phone should not be necessary but would certainly ensure the app is closed!!!

If you do choose to uninstall/reinstall the app, you won't lose your planned route as long as you have saved it via the navigation panel. It will be in your Personal Treks.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912192

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 09:33

Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 09:33
Frank & George

I still think re starting the phone is a good idea, its the same as re- booting a computer.

IMHO, It is good practice to restart / re-boot any device, monthly or so .

Also a good idea to remove any cookies on a regular basis.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912194

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 10:24

Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 10:24
Yep, I don't dispute an occasional cleanout can only do good.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912197

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 21:49

Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 21:49
George,

How did you go with the update?
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912215

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 00:40

Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 00:40
Hi Frank, I have tried all the suggestions but no luck.
I'm still on v5.0.3
I will wait till I can make contact with David or Michelle.
Also there is still a problem with having to log on to Exploroz every time, even after I ticked the "Remember Me" box.
Cheers
FollowupID: 912218

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 07:46

Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 07:46
George

Thats rather disappointing you've had no luck.

Well Im about out of Idea's, but there is one last thing you may wish to try, that is clearing the cache on the phone. It is not hard to do, Google it for your model S9. It will free up space on your device at the very least.

Regards

TrevorDavid

dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912220

Reply By: maurice b - Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 17:52

Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 17:52
@ George WA. Although instructions were posted above and you had no success these photo's may help . Personally I never allow Google play to Auto update any apps . To manually update ExplorOz Traveller Restart phone first so you know the apps a not running in background, tap Play store icon on screen and follow numbers on pictures. Tapping 2 loads the app infor so just wait. I'm using Hema as an example as Traveller is already updated [
AnswerID: 634814

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 18:38

Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 18:38
Hi Maurice, thanks very much for your instructions. They are easy to follow.
I got to number 3 on your instructions but Exploroz Traveller was not listed for available updates.
My EoT is still on v5.0.3
I have send a help request to Exploroz
Thanks for trying.
I did disable "Auto Update" in the Google Shop setting, thanks for letting me know.
Cheers
FollowupID: 912229

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jan 18, 2021 at 12:40

Monday, Jan 18, 2021 at 12:40
Hi George,
I have just seen the post and notice you mentioned you've raised a Help Desk support ticket so I just wanted to let you know that this has not arrived our end....?

Having read all the to and fro on this issue, I suspect the problem is your Google login as the store is not detecting your account. Open your Playstore account on your device and log off. Then log in again. My guess is that will resolve the issue - if not, you'll need to contact Playstore Google support - as we have no access to Google accounts and cannot help you with store issues but they certainly can.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912249

Reply By: maurice b - Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 19:01

Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 19:01
@George WA . Go to the phones Main setting or pull down from top of home screen ,look for the Cogwheel , usually RH corner and tap it. Scroll down to Apps /scroll to Google Play Services and tap it /tap storage / tap Manage Storage /Tab clear all Data. Now go Back / back to home page and tap Play Store. It will reload (wait) and hopefully Traveller will be there.
AnswerID: 634818

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 19:44

Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 19:44
Hi Maurice

Looks to me those instructions are forclearing the cache from the play store, hopefully it works.

In an earlier post I suggested George clear the cache on his phone,, not sure if he tried this or not.

If the play store clearing doesn't work, would you be able to supply instructions for clearing the cache on his phone.

Im not an Android user, so I suggested he google it, your instructions seem simple to follow.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912230

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 19:53

Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 19:53
Also, there is a very good app called AppManager which allows you to administer all sorts of stuff to do with your apps, including clearing caches. Very simple, very good. Available in basic (free) and Pro (very small fee). Recommended.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912231

Follow Up By: maurice b - Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 21:56

Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 21:56
Good Evening TrevorDavid. The clear Data wipes all use data in the selected app including cache on Android. This bringing app back as if it was just downloaded. Then when you got back to the play store icon and tap it and providing your online it reloads your app data. So it now should show the missing Traveller app .There are two other options both not recommended for learners that a more complex. What I mention in previous post worked for me and is a simple know fix.
FollowupID: 912234

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 23:52

Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 at 23:52
Hi Maurice, thanks again.
However, still no luck, I'm still on v5.0.3
I also cleared data and cache.
FollowupID: 912235

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Jan 17, 2021 at 16:26

Sunday, Jan 17, 2021 at 16:26
A long shot ...

Are you logged into Google using the same ID/account as what you used when you installed Traveller?
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912241

Follow Up By: maurice b - Sunday, Jan 17, 2021 at 21:28

Sunday, Jan 17, 2021 at 21:28
Hi. @George WA. Sorry the fix didn't work . It's very hard directing people by text on how to fix a tech issue as we can't see what your actually doing. Can you try to update another app to test if it not an issue with your play store app/or account . If you have unlimited wifi just unistall the Traveller app /restart phone and download again. Check the version before you download maps
FollowupID: 912244

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Monday, Jan 18, 2021 at 17:59

Monday, Jan 18, 2021 at 17:59
Hi Maurice,
I think I have finally got to the bottom of the problem, I actually uninstalled EO Traveller from my phone in an effort to down load the updated version.
Since I changed my ISP back in November, I also changed my email address.
I have had EO Traveller for several years and unless I use the original installation email address in Google Play Store, it will no longer update.
I cannot remember the original email address and Exploroz cannot help me in that regard, so I'm told.
Tried to contact Google for support but that enters another minefield.
I can only find a USA support center on their web site.
So, here we are, at a dead end and I am not prepared to pay another $60 to down load EO Traveller from the Play Store.
I think Exploroz should have a warning regarding the consequences changing ISP and email addresses.
Well, that's it. Cheers
FollowupID: 912251

Follow Up By: Member - LeighW - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 21:41

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 21:41
Yep,

It is a pain when you can't download from the developers site, if you change your contact info you loose the ability to be able to download it again if required, most likely the same for the Microsoft store.

As for the Explore Oz side, they have sold you a product, I'm assuming there is mention of the above issue in their conditions. As the program knows if you have a licensed copy then they must have some record of the transaction at ExploreOZ so the ball should fall into their court and they should find a work around.

Ozi explorer is much better in this regard, just down from their site, if you change the PC or phone etc just drop them a line with the required info and they send you a new key.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 912293

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 22:56

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 22:56
Hi Leigh, you are spot on.
I down loaded EO Traveller many years ago and cannot remember what email address I used to download the program.
I have recently changed my ISP and email address which means that I will be stuck with the older version of EO Traveller.
The only option is to purchase another copy of EO Traveller, $60, from the Play Store, which I think is unacceptable.
Unfortunately, Exploroz was not able to help me, just bad luck if you loose your original email address.
That is not good service.

I also had a similar problem with Oziexplorer, I changed my mobile phone and lost the original activation key.
I send Des at Oziexplorer an email with my details and he send me a new activation key the same day. now that is good service.
Cheers
FollowupID: 912294

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 23:52

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 23:52
George,

I think you're being a bit unreasonable here.

Licencing for Traveller and Ozi work quite differently.

Traveller is available only through an app store. Your app store account is identified by the email address you use. If you change your email address the app store thinks you are a different person and the link between you and purchases you have made with the old address is lost irretrievably, unless you can remember the old address. It's the app store system.

OTOH, apps purchased directly from the vendor, such as Ozi, are managed differently. The link between you and the purchase is often your name (it is in Ozi) so regardless of a change of email address, you can, on application to the vendor, restore the link between your name and your registration. (Some apps sold directly by the vendor identify you by your email address. If you forget that address and cannot see it in an appropriate screen in the app you will be in the same position as you are with the app store.)

Can you go back through old emails that you might have kept - insurances, household purchases and warranty receipts, etc, to jog your memory as to what your old email address was?

I'm probably closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, but can I suggest that you create a folder on one or more of your devices or in the cloud where you can store electronic copies of all your registrations for all the software you purchase. I have done that and found it indispensable when upgrading to new equipment and reinstalling registered software.

Cheers

FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912295

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 01:06

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 01:06
Hi Frank, the fact remains that Exploroz are the developers and owners of EO Traveller.
They actively promote purchase the product through the Google Play Store.
They receive payment for the product.
They neglect to advise purchasers that if they loose their email address with which the product was purchased, they will no longer be able to get updates
The only solution, Pay another $60 with your new email address.
Is there not some responsibility by Exploroz, I'm sure there are other purchasers of EO Traveller that are not aware of the email requirement for updates.
It is not the same as buying a product from Play Store where updates are not required.
FollowupID: 912296

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 07:02

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 07:02
George , Maurice,

Sorry but I agree with Frank on this.

Its the play store that requires the e- mail address, not Exploroz.

Exploroz side of things are working fine.

George forgot his e-mail address.

Are we not responsible for our own actions?

Regards

TrevorDavid

dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912297

Follow Up By: Member - LeighW - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 10:46

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 10:46
Sorry I disagree with Frank, the app store is a sales platform like Ebay , it sells the program for ExploreOz who then get paid minus Googles cut. Hiding behind an excuse that you brought our program off another platform therefore we can't help you is poor customer service. ExploreOz is using google play store for convenience, less work for them and also the exposure, if it creates problems for their customers down the track then they should be addressing the issue. A product is only as good as the customer support given.

How would you like it if your bank said sorry forgot your password you can no longer can access your account, there should be at least two ways you can identify yourself?

Personally running a business I have kept the sales details of all my customers since the start of the business, they only need to provide a name and a warranty can be approved.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 912298

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 20:15

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 20:15
Hi Trevor and leigh,
I purchased EO Traveller some 6 years ago.
At the time I was running my own business and used 3 email addresses for various uses, with bigpond.
Since then I also had my own domain with e email addresses which has since been discontinued.
Last year I changed ISP to iinet with again a new email address.
If Exploroz or anyone else is now suggesting that I should use the same email address that I used when I purchased EO Traveller, after six years, then they have lost the plot.
I suspect, but cannot say for sure, that Google not only matches your email address but also your IP address.
This makes it a lost cause.
As I said before, If this is a critical requirement to upgrade EO Traveller via Google Play Store then this should have been made clear by Exploroz at the point of purchase.

I would be interested if anyone disagrees and their reasons
Cheers
FollowupID: 912300

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 20:59

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 20:59
George,

Not about to get into a debate about you forgetting your old email addresses, and for not noting them down for future reference.

If you are a Telstra user with a log in, you may well be able to find the old email addresses. Some time ago I changed ISP from bigpond, Thinking I needed to change my e- mail, Idid, only to find that the bigpond e- mail is still active today. It is on my Telstra account.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912301

Follow Up By: Member - Jim S1 - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 21:52

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 21:52
Well I'm sorry George, but from reading all these posts, in my opinion you need to acknowledge that you made mistakes. Not all mistakes can be fixed up at no cost. Michelle and David can't help technically, and it's unreasonable in my opinion to expect them to just give you a new licence.
The cost of a new program is pretty reasonable really, and their maps are second to none. I do understand your reluctance to have to buy something twice, but you lost it, and just like losing anything, you have to replace it yourself.
Just my opinion for what it's worth, and I don't intend getting into any arguments.
Mate, just buy a new one. They are excellent value.
Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912302

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 23:07

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 23:07
George,

You've said you're stuck on V5.0.3. That was released 25 Nov last year. The next public release was 5.0.7 on 12 Jan this year. So you got 5.0.3 sometime between 25 Nov and 12 Jan, a less than 2 month window and a recent window at that.

"If Exploroz or anyone else is now suggesting that I should use the same email address that I used when I purchased EO Traveller, after six years, then they have lost the plot."

That 6 yo address when you purchased Traveller is not the significant one, George. The significant one is the one that worked between 25 Nov last year and 12 Jan this year to get you the 5.0.3 update, and that is max 8 weeks ago and as little as 2 days before you first posted about your issue on the 14th Jan.

Can you not recall the email address you used, presumably for some time, then stopped using only in the last couple of months? If you can find that address from within the last 8 weeks activities and log into PlayStore with it you should be able to get your 5.0.7 update.

Did you register a recovery email account and/or recovery phone number with Google to help with that lost account recovery? That can help if you follow the links for "Did you forget your email?"

What info did you give to the EO helpdesk to help your cause? When you go to User Account in the app are you shown as logged on? Can you get a screenshot as proof? That info would help to establish that you're a paid up licensed user and the helpdesk MAY be able to do something for you on that basis. CAVEAT: I am only surmising here. I do not know the ins and outs of EO's licensing regime, or what they are prepared to do in these circumstances, etc.

I share your frustration with trying to get help from Google or any of the on-line giants. They are basically uncontactable in practical terms.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912304

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 07:47

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 07:47
Hi George,

Have you logged a request for help with the help desk? That would be the first place I would start.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 634899

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 19:57

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 19:57
Yes I have Macca, unfortunately they said that they cannot help me and try to get help from Google.
I tried to make contact with Google but that was absolutely hopeless no chance at all.
I find this whole affair pretty disappointing.
I'm sure Exploroz can do something about this....if they wanted to
I have had EO Traveller for around 6 yrs
FollowupID: 912299

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 07:35

Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 07:35
Ok George, I am sorry for your problems. There must be something more to this than meets the eye. If you were able to update your version a couple of months ago, but now cannot, there is something definitely wrong. Have you changed your email address or service provider in that time?

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912305

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 21:52

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021 at 21:52
Hello...if its just a case of you changing your email address and the Play Store now not knowing who you are you should be able to change your details in your google account on your phone

I am not familiar with the process or if it will help but try a internet search for " changing email login for google on android phone". I cant see how it would not be possible to change your email so the play store knows who you are otherwise there would be millions of disgruntled customers of various apps that require purchase/ subsequent updates. This is not a a problem that would be unique to EO traveller.

Other trick for future reference is use a Web based email for online accounts .. eg hotmail or gmail...that way changing internet providers wont make for future problems.

Regards
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 634903

Reply By: Member - wicket - Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 10:29

Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 10:29
Check that your email address on your EO site account is the same as the email showing in your EO Traveller app.
I had an update issue when they didn’t match.
AnswerID: 634905

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 14:05

Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 14:05
Yes both the same
FollowupID: 912306

Reply By: Member - LeighW - Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 10:47

Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 10:47
George,

Have you tried to recover your email address you used from google, if you registered a phone number with your account you may be able to do it using that?

Also try the following:

Go to your EXPLOROZ home page
Select "Products" at the top of the page
Select "Traveller"
The "My App Control Panel"

What does it list under licenses?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 634906

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 14:12

Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 14:12
This is listed under license

Licenses
EOTopo 2019 App Version, ticked
Track Logging, ticked
My Private Places
My Private Treks
My Tracker
FollowupID: 912308

Follow Up By: Member - LeighW - Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 16:08

Thursday, Jan 28, 2021 at 16:08
So they know you have the app installed, just not interested in helping you update it seems

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 912315

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Feb 19, 2021 at 13:09

Friday, Feb 19, 2021 at 13:09
To anyone reading this post, I just want to weigh in here to set the record straight as I can see some people may be unclear that this issue is beyond the scope of what ExplorOz can do to help George recover his Google login.

George's issue is his GOOGLE account login to the Playstore. This is not his EXPLOROZ account used to login to the Traveller App, or download maps etc. The app updates are free and are a function of the GOOGLE PLAYSTORE. To access the Playstore you have to use your Google account. Unfortunately this is the issue George has experienced as he is having problems with his Google account. Sadly we have no ability to help George because Google do not pass their customers personal details to vendors - so I have no access to look up anything! This is obviously a matter of privacy. Would you really want Google to share your personal details with every app developer for every app you install? Of course not. One of the reasons the App stores are the preferred method for distribution of software programs instead of direct via the vendor these days is:

-It's more secure for you
-It's more secure for us
-It's the only option for iOS
-It reduces our back office admin, which frees up more time for product development and customer service related to product features.

I can tell you that we have no access to a customers app store account. We get not access to individual customer transactions either - that is the whole point of the buyer protection offered by these large "reputable" companies (eg. Google, Apple, Microsoft). Your point of sale and the T&Cs of purchase are all with that app store. However - I have had many people comment that their support is prompt and efficient. I'm told if you send a message requesting a phone call, that you'll get one rather promptly.

George has been a very very long term customer of ExplorOz and I have helped him with numerous other ExplorOz related login issues in the past as I can help with that. What we cannot do is locate his Google account login - that is beyond our access.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 635127

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Friday, Feb 19, 2021 at 16:36

Friday, Feb 19, 2021 at 16:36
All I can say is, If you ever loose your original email address that you used to purchase EO Traveller in the Google App store, In my case over 10 years ago, you are stuffed.
Try getting any support from Google, I tried phone, no response. I tried email, no response. I tried a message, no response.
I tried both the AU and the USA websites.
Just to set the record straight.
Maybe I'm just having a lot of bad luck, or
Put it all down to Covid-19
FollowupID: 912633

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Feb 19, 2021 at 16:46

Friday, Feb 19, 2021 at 16:46
George, that's not 100% accurate either. Remember - you've been successfully using that account in the Playstore (probably auto-login) right up to Nov last year when you got the v5.0.3 update to ExplorOz Traveller. Did you tell me that Google told you to factory reset your device but you didn't want to? Can you get a grandkid or friend to help you with this?
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912634

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Friday, Feb 19, 2021 at 19:02

Friday, Feb 19, 2021 at 19:02
I don't know where you get your info from, but I did not get that.
Anyway, I have had enough. Cheers.
FollowupID: 912638

Sponsored Links