WhiteGum Farm

Submitted: Friday, Aug 28, 2020 at 17:06
ThreadID: 140435 Views:7747 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have any feedback on caravanning at this site? One reviewer complained about very poor ablution facilities as follows;
Ablutions are extremely poorly designed with one single toilet with, no light switch, three en-suites with toilets and one single shower. This means that if people were using showers then there was one toilet for the whole park to use. All facilities are unisex. The condition of the showers is poor with staining all up the walls, flick mixers falling off the wall and water falls the opposite direction to the drain spilling out over the floor. Multiple times there was no toilet paper and facilities were not cleaned that we saw for the duration of our stay. March 2020.
Older reviews sounded very positive and it looks great on the net, but this review is a worry. Anyone had recent experience here?
Thanks
suegra
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Friday, Aug 28, 2020 at 18:29

Friday, Aug 28, 2020 at 18:29
Where was this review? Wikicamps has generally positive reviews.
AnswerID: 633157

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Friday, Aug 28, 2020 at 18:33

Friday, Aug 28, 2020 at 18:33
Where did you get that review from? I don't see anything in "Places" like that.

Which state is it in?

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 633159

Reply By: Rob J8 - Friday, Aug 28, 2020 at 20:27

Friday, Aug 28, 2020 at 20:27
Just looking at Wikicamps review posted 2 months ago by roodog 13 and they say all is well at White gum Farm. You are asking about Whitegum Farm just out of York?
We have stayed there a few times with our caravan club but not for the last couple of years.
We are due back there August 2021.
I went back to March 2019 and only saw one review that was a bit snippy.
As the name says, it is in farming country.
Give it a go.
Regards
Rob J
AnswerID: 633161

Reply By: suegra - Friday, Aug 28, 2020 at 23:02

Friday, Aug 28, 2020 at 23:02
The review was on Trip Advisor. The remainder of this reviewer's comments are as follows:
Just visited White gum for two nights stay. Strange set up with the camping/ caravan park being attached to a recreational air strip.
No signage for a office to check in and pay, you have to call Gary every time you want something. Once Gary was located we soon realised this bloke should not be running a caravan park, very rude, arrogant ,and unhelpful. All we wanted to now is who we should pay and where our booked site was.

There is a 4x4 track out the back paddock that we heard about, we asked if we could use it, $25 per car and use as much as you want for the duration of your stay. Would have be good to have known this when checking in, not on day two.

I notice in one of the WikiCamps reviews another person commented on the owner being 'blunt'.
Anyway thanks for your interest. I guess it's the same as anything else ...."you pay your money and take your chance". Thanks again for your input.
AnswerID: 633163

Follow Up By: Rob J8 - Saturday, Aug 29, 2020 at 13:54

Saturday, Aug 29, 2020 at 13:54
We didn't find Gary to be rude at all. He was nothing but helpful, mind you that was 2018.
When you go in a big group, usually 30+ vans, you make your own fun and don't need someone outside of the club organising for you.
FollowupID: 910121

Follow Up By: BrettnJa - Tuesday, Sep 01, 2020 at 11:01

Tuesday, Sep 01, 2020 at 11:01
Hi there,
I had a night booked at Whitegum Farm earlier in the year but due to COVID-19 I had to cancel this as we couldn't travel through the WA regional boundaries. After numerous emails to this place and getting no answers, I finally decided to call. What I got was a rude & blunt man telling me that it's not his problem that I couldn't travel.
Yeah, won't be going there ever.
FollowupID: 910185

Reply By: suegra - Monday, Aug 31, 2020 at 19:16

Monday, Aug 31, 2020 at 19:16
Because we live in Perth and were just looking for a short getaway, we drove to York (a couple of hours) at the weekend to see for ourselves what this site was like. The caravan park was extremely busy with almost every site occupied and the Bar and Bistro was open and very busy also. The meals looked pretty generous and were very reasonably priced. We spoke briefly to Gary who told us the Bistro is only open at the weekends and that he has a job during the week, which could explain why he may sometimes be under a great deal of time pressure. The ablution facilities were however, as described by the unhappy reviewer, with each toilet located within each shower room, which could present problems as he suggested. They were at least quite clean and modern. There were a couple of extra toilets available at the Bar and Bistro, which were stand alone toilets. Hope this is helpful for you good folks.
God bless your travels.
Suegra
AnswerID: 633192

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Tuesday, Sep 01, 2020 at 11:22

Tuesday, Sep 01, 2020 at 11:22
It’s interesting, isn’t it. The people who had a bad experience will never go back, and will never recommend the place.
“ The customer is always right “ is still true for most businesses, and if you can’t be civil, you really shouldn’t be there.
Of course there are obnoxious customers too, but you just have to put up with the occasional one.
It will be interesting to see how the business goes .

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 633205

Sponsored Links