GME TX3520 radio mike

My radio is remote head and l have had trouble with the remote head display not lighting up at times. Does anybody know if l can use a MC534B mike which has the display on the mike. This mike suits TX3540 radios and if it compatible with my TX3520 l could use it to replace the remote head unit. Hoping someone has done this and can lat me know if it works.

Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Darian - Thursday, Jul 02, 2020 at 20:48

Thursday, Jul 02, 2020 at 20:48
Just a thought...why not give GME a call ? A privately owned all Aussie company with 200 employees, doing it all here in Australia (so their website states...quite refreshing, to say the least).
AnswerID: 632356

Reply By: Rocket Rod - Thursday, Jul 02, 2020 at 23:52

Thursday, Jul 02, 2020 at 23:52
I recently purchased their newest model the XRS and found it wouldn't transmit but I could receive. Turned out to be the connector on the remote head unit for the mic lead. I heard from another friend he had the same problem. I also had a faulty connector cable and coupling block that they swapped as well. Not a good start since I've move over from Uniden to support the Aussie brand, but at least it got sorted pretty quickly. Get GME to check it out.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 632358

Follow Up By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 08:57

Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 08:57
Rod
My radio operates ok, just cannot read channels at times due to back light not working which is a pain as change channels regularly.

Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 908986

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 07:54

Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 07:54
I am very sure that will work. I have used a MC534C on several of that generation radios. They are not cheap though. I had a GME TX3800 remote head and replaced it with the MC534c it just worked.

This site seems to confirm that it works, and is cheaper than others.

https://frankiesautoelectrics.com.au/gme-mc534b-lcd-microphone/
AnswerID: 632361

Follow Up By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 09:05

Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 09:05
Tony
Thats is what l was hoping, when looking on the net there was some conflicting answers on models it suited. l will give it ago and see how goes as l don't realy want to buy a new radio.

thanks Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 908988

Reply By: RMD - Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 09:30

Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 09:30
Murray

Lighting up as in the screen display becoming alive is different to the lighting up of the screen with backlighting so you can see it. What type of "lighting up" do you mean.
I don't know how handy you are, but if you open the head unit the screen may have a rubberized edge connector to the LCD screen and either included in that or separate should be the illumination connection. I found similar on a PWM regulator and calculators and multi meters, where the connector was not touching sometimes, ie, no display on screen. So is it the screen lighting or the screen becoming alive that you mean. If it is the screen LCD, I have in the past increased the pressure of the rubberized edge connector between screen and circuit board by packing with a thin piece of paper at edge of screen so it more firmly touches the screen when reassembled.

AnswerID: 632363

Reply By: Mark C9 - Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 11:25

Friday, Jul 03, 2020 at 11:25
Contact. The. Manufacturer.
AnswerID: 632364

Sponsored Links