Claravale Station Mitchell

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 23, 2020 at 17:40
ThreadID: 140183 Views:7036 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering if anyone has been to / camped at Claravale Station near Mitchell and what it is like?...I’m struggling to find much information about the place other then it appears to be a cattle station that seems to allow or did allow at some stage camping on it. I have a contact number and plan to ring the owners and ask them exactly what the go is with thier place, but would appreciate any first hand comments from anyone that has visited there previous.
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Gary R M (VIC) - Monday, Jun 29, 2020 at 16:34

Monday, Jun 29, 2020 at 16:34
G'day Rumpig, we called in there a few years back after reading a really good article about the place in a travel magazine. Unfortunately what we saw didn't reflect what the article said it was like and the only level bit of ground we could find for our camper was right next to the chook pen so we ended up moving on.
Regards, Gary M.
Gary M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 632320

Follow Up By: rumpig - Tuesday, Jun 30, 2020 at 18:01

Tuesday, Jun 30, 2020 at 18:01
Cheers Gary, thanks for that feed back.
I contacted the station the other day and the lady there sounded nice enough, I got the feeling it’s a station that lets people camp on it and it doesn’t go much out of it’s way to cater for any tourists, which I had no issue with. They do apparently do a farm tour which was a most of the day thing and costs $50 per person, that sounded like decent value to me. It’s a shame to read about a lack of level ground, we were seriously considering going there but in the end we changed our minds about that on the weekend.
FollowupID: 908930

Sponsored Links