Difficulty Updating IGO Maps on HEMA 6

Submitted: Monday, Jun 22, 2020 at 15:43
ThreadID: 140176 Views:8024 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I've got a HEMA 6.

The last couple of times I've tried to use the Find an Address function on the IGO street maps it has not shown the "Find Address" tab on the screen.

When I touch "MENU" in the bottom left hand corner it doesn't show the menu. It shows the screen where I can select a place on the map but I don't want that. When I select "back" in that screens bottom LH corner it takes me back to Menu and that endless loop ensues.

Ultimately, I can get to the "Find Address" screen by switching the device on and off repeatedly but when I try to type in an address some of the alphabet keys don't respond. They just make a noise like a subdued "pay up".

So I thought I should try to update the maps in case it was Naviextras trying to squeeze a few dollars out of me by limiting functions until I updated. But no matter what I do, I cannot get the Naviextras Toolbox to recognise the device (and yes, it is in Mass Storage Mode).

I really don't want to buy a HEMA HX1, there are such mixed reviews and I believe it does not allow you to install your own maps.

Has anyone else experienced this craziness?

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jun 22, 2020 at 16:45

Monday, Jun 22, 2020 at 16:45
Well, a different cable worked wonders and got me connected.

I downloaded the current streetmaps from Naviextras hoping that it would cure the dodgy touchscreen, but, $65 later and I still have some dysfunction.

When entering an address I have to touch the letter to the left of the one I really want.

I guess I can live with it until it totally gives up. In the meantime I'll test the functionality of the HEMA off-road maps and see where I go (no pun intended) from there.

Out of all the current options $65 was the cheapest and I'm a tight-arse.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 632251

Follow Up By: Gary T7 - Monday, Jun 22, 2020 at 17:01

Monday, Jun 22, 2020 at 17:01
Have you tried screen calibration
http://kb.hemamaps.com/article/AA-00344/0/HN6-Navigator-Screen-Calibration.html
FollowupID: 908806

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jun 22, 2020 at 18:13

Monday, Jun 22, 2020 at 18:13
Excellent Gary.

That worked perfectly.

If I hadn't spent $65 upgrading the maps, I'd buy you a beer.

Cheers, thanks.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 908807

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Jun 23, 2020 at 07:23

Tuesday, Jun 23, 2020 at 07:23
Hate the IGO street app on the Hema and you can't use both street mode and off road mode at the same time.
I love the Hema (6) for "Off Road" trip recording and moving map display and run a TomTom for other features.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 632261

Sponsored Links