Need somewhere to stay in Victoria?

Submitted: Friday, Apr 03, 2020 at 16:11
ThreadID: 139871 Views:7193 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Are you needing to self isolate? Are you living on the road & at a loose end with nowhere to camp in Victoria? I have room on my property for your vehicle & van.
You'd absolutely have to be fully self contained with no pets. 4WD vehicle would be best.
If you're desperate & have nowhere to go... I'm able to help.
Message me & we'll talk.
debcurran44@gmail.com
Please stay safe everyone.
Xxx
Back Expand Un-Read 11 Moderator

Reply By: eaglefree - Friday, Apr 03, 2020 at 21:15

Friday, Apr 03, 2020 at 21:15
Just wanted to say that is very kind of you.

We got kicked out of Meredith Park Colac lake then Simpson Recreation ground. We were 3 weeks from getting our building permit to build our new home in Camperdown Vic, (when living in a caravan in our property is approved). So we’ve arrived early to camp on the block. Besides I’ve read property owners can live in a caravan up to 60 days a year anyway.

So we are lucky. But leaving Meredith Park there was many that had no idea where they were going to go.
Tony
AnswerID: 630860

Follow Up By: Willowbank Deb - Friday, Apr 03, 2020 at 21:53

Friday, Apr 03, 2020 at 21:53
I'm sorry to hear that Tony but am glad that it's worked out for you. If you come upon anyone who is similarly stuck, Please feel free to pass on my details.
I know what it feels like to have nowhere to go so I'm happy to help out.
Like they say... We're all in this together.
FollowupID: 906526

Reply By: Member - Wildmax - Friday, Apr 03, 2020 at 22:12

Friday, Apr 03, 2020 at 22:12
That's a generous offer Deb.
I don't need help because we Tasmanians are stuck at home and can't get across Bass Strait, but consideration for folks who live permanently on the road is needed now.
I also feel sorry for some of the backpackers who are getting grief around the country, but can't get work, can't travel, and can't get home.
Wildmax
2018 Hilux and Black Wolf 210 tent - for the outback tracks less travelled
Formerly an AOR Eclipse and a TVan

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 630862

Reply By: Kenell - Sunday, Apr 05, 2020 at 08:34

Sunday, Apr 05, 2020 at 08:34
Deb, your offer is more generous than many might appreciate. I take my hat off to you. Have you had any take up or much interest?
AnswerID: 630895

Follow Up By: Willowbank Deb - Sunday, Apr 05, 2020 at 09:20

Sunday, Apr 05, 2020 at 09:20
Thanks Kenell,
Not a lot of take up. Which is good I suppose. Perhaps it means that people have managed to get themselves home & if their van is their home... they've found somewhere safe already. That's a good thing yeah?
Although if you hear of anyone stranded, please pass on my details.
Stay safe.
Deb
FollowupID: 906578

Sponsored Links