Waeco cf 80 3 compartment frudge freezer

Not working on 12v or 240 i got this off a friend and said it just literally stopped working he thought was a fuse if i get workibg i could keep

So i tryed a new cable 12v and into inverter to 240 still not working took apart found one wire slighly exposed but not shorted repaired this with heatshrink checked powerboard looks intact and wiring all on correct just when plugged in i get no lights no power

Any info would be great thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: skulldug - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 20:59

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 20:59
I believe the New Zealand model is wired slightly differently.

I have had some good advice from Waeco (Dometic) service by phone. Might be worth a try. Here’s the number 1800212121.
AnswerID: 629776

Follow Up By: Kenell - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 06:27

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 06:27
Yeah - it was begging for someone to say that wasn't it?
FollowupID: 904876

Follow Up By: RMD - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:54

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:54
Skulldug
Sharp, very sharp!

With not even a light coming on, I would be looking for a basic supply problem, or fractured conductor somewhere. I wonder if he has "tried" to find voltage presence with a multimeter.
FollowupID: 904886

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, Jan 30, 2020 at 15:16

Thursday, Jan 30, 2020 at 15:16
Hi Tom B 11,

Why not take it to a fridge mechanic? It may only be something simple and not too expensive to repair. Either way, a fridge mechanic should be able to tell you what is wrong, and if it is worth repairing.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 629803

Reply By: Sparksy. - Thursday, Jan 30, 2020 at 23:14

Thursday, Jan 30, 2020 at 23:14
Check out this link.fault find waeco
About half way down it shows the controller on the compressor. Check you have 12v on top 2 connections and then short out terminals C and T. this will start the compressor. if compressor runs and gets cold as I think it will having just stopped working then you can look further. Could be as simple as a dry solder joint on one of the boards or a board has failed. The 12v goes from the plug to the board at rear of compressor and then onto the compressor controller. with 12v connected first check that you have 12v at the top 2 terminals on compressor. if not then maybe a dodgy joint. If yes then short out the terminals marked "C "and "T" as previously mentioned. The compressor should then run. The danfoss compressor is very reliable, Its the waeco electronics that usually fails.
You could also try plugging in the power and sliding the emergency run switch across, this may get it going but it wont stop when it gets cold.
Do this only with 12v connection as 240v bites.
Google repair waecos and there are numerous hits from caravaners forum, grey nomads etc that give info.
Daryl on the caravaners forum is very helpful. Fitting ebay temp control to waeco
AnswerID: 629816

Sponsored Links