Eeztire tpms

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 18, 2020 at 17:12
ThreadID: 139568 Views:7651 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with these, looking at external sensors.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Jan 19, 2020 at 06:42

Sunday, Jan 19, 2020 at 06:42
The 6 tyre external ones look similar to the ones Digioptions sell.

Gigioptions

I had a similar one that alarmed from 14 PSU up. Then I got the Digioptions one which alarms from 0 PSI up with smaller sensors. It looks like the Digioptions are cheaper.

The TPMS is good, you can add or delete the trailer by pressing 2 buttons. It lasts about 2 months without a charge and turns on or off automatically based on movement. ( Sensors and display). The range is good and it is reliable. Get the next model up from what you want eg if you have 6 wheels then get 8 - 2 spares.

It displays one pressure and temp at a time, rotating around all tyres. It takes a few mins to get the readings first time around after a power up but alarms instantly.

Setting the pressures is done by axel, and is easy to do. It works well.

BUT I also bought a Solar one without sensors which talks to the same sensors. I got it as a bit of an experiment as it sits nicely on the dsahnoard under the instrument panel in my 200. It has one downside compared to the other one. It was designed for a truck with dual rear wheels so the traler pressure must be set the same as the rear wheels for alarming. Not a big issue for me even though I run the rear tyres higher than my trailer.

Apart from easier to mount, the 3 good points over the one above are 1)it automatically sees the trailer and displays it when in range. 2) it shows all 4 car tyres at the same time, then the rear 2. A quick glance shows all tyres. 3)In 9 months, including over winter in Melbourne it has kept it self charge. No power lead. I keep the power lead in the glovebox just in case but have never needed it.

Lastly the sensors are small and reliable. You can change the batteries. ( $2 instead of $50 every few years for every sensor.) Totally waterproof.

I have bought a few things from Digioptions. Good pre and post sales service.

AnswerID: 629586

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Sunday, Jan 19, 2020 at 08:24

Sunday, Jan 19, 2020 at 08:24
Hi Tony,

I had a look on line at the Solar Powered unit that you mentioned. It only shows 4 sensors and wheels in the display, can you use it with more wheels? I have two spares on my LC200, and am also looking at a new dual axle caravan with two spares as well, making 12 wheels in total.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 904583

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Jan 19, 2020 at 09:10

Sunday, Jan 19, 2020 at 09:10
Yes the 6 wheel one does seem to have disappeared off the website.

Send them an email. Mine does 6 wheels but not 8. IMHO one of the advantages of external ones is that you don't really need dedicated soenors for spares. I just swap them over. In fact any wheel can go anywhere if you leave the sensors int he right spot.
FollowupID: 904584

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Monday, Jan 20, 2020 at 08:34

Monday, Jan 20, 2020 at 08:34
Thanks Tony.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 904612

Reply By: Member - Lyncol - Monday, Jan 20, 2020 at 10:55

Monday, Jan 20, 2020 at 10:55
Thanks for your replies, these seem To get a good review they are available on amazon, but a bit of a worry on the warranty side of things? Might stick with my first choice tyredog. Thanks again.
AnswerID: 629599

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Jan 20, 2020 at 10:57

Monday, Jan 20, 2020 at 10:57
Tyredog service and backup is second to none in my experience, so IMO you won't regret your decision.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 904619

Sponsored Links