Experience with the Caravan Parts & Accessories online superstore?

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 15:46
ThreadID: 139361 Views:5907 Replies:3 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, it would be great if you have any information about this mob.

I ordered an awning through the Allbrand website where a link for CPA came up
with a competative price for a Carefree 12V awning.
Hubby and I were a bit mistified when the CPA website showed an email address only and did an online search for scams, reviews, etc. but nothing came up.

So on Monday 18/11 we ordered, payed by debet card and received a receipt but no information about the delivery of the awning.
This Tuesday we sent an email, no reply. Yesterday we called Allbrand where a lady told us that they were different companies with a different database on the same address in Brisbane.
The number we called her on is listed for Allbrand but today I discovered that it also comes up for CPA in Hotfrog. 07 38692969.
Today we tried several times to call again but were not able to make a connection. We also sent another email to CPA.

If we have not received any reply by Monday I am going to call the bank, declare it a fraudulent transaction and start the refund process but in the mean time I really hope that somebody can tell me that it is a good company with just a bad communication record.

cheers,

Annelies
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Legendts - Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 18:22

Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 18:22
I just had a look at their website out of curiosity as I had never heard of them before. One thing I did notice was under contact info the “latest” posts were all June 2014. That would have been a red flag as well as no phone/fax numbers. Also when you go to the Facebook page from their link it takes you to the Allbrand Caravan Service page with no mention of parts.

Sorry you are in this predicament Annelies and hope you get your money back without too much trouble. I have always used Caravans Plus, a good company, reasonable prices and reliable. I also always try to pay using PayPal.
AnswerID: 628834

Follow Up By: annelies - Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 18:49

Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 18:49
Thank you for the info, Legendts. Does not sound good, does it.

We had never heard of them either and order most of the time through CaravanPlus too.
It was just that when we were looking for the awning that they came up.

We will see how we go with the money. Thanks.

Annelies

FollowupID: 903400

Follow Up By: Legendts - Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 18:52

Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 18:52
No, unfortunately it doesn’t Annelies. I would be chasing up the bank earlier rather than later. You have already made every reasonable effort to make contact. Good luck.
FollowupID: 903401

Reply By: Dave B18 - Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 22:02

Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 22:02
Surely in this day and age you didn't check out the company and ensure they had a phone number and physical address.
To buy something online today and pay by debit or credit card is just crazy. You just don't buy online if they don't accept PayPal.
The bank will not be your friend as you paid with a debit card and consequently the bank couldn't care. The bank would only care if you paid by credit card. Sadly you can probably kiss your money goodbye.
Amazing how easily some people are parted from their money!!!
AnswerID: 628836

Follow Up By: Member - David M (SA) - Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 22:57

Thursday, Nov 28, 2019 at 22:57
That's telling em Dave B18. Don't hold back mate. :)
Dave.
FollowupID: 903411

Follow Up By: annelies - Friday, Nov 29, 2019 at 05:09

Friday, Nov 29, 2019 at 05:09
Good morning Dave, thank you for your reply.

They actually do have an address at 113 Connaught St, Sandgate, QLD,4017 and the phone number that comes up also belongs to Allbrand.
I rang them yesterday again on that number and the lady I talked to assured me that the company does excist and that they will come back to me shortly.

We'll see how we go.

cheers

Annelies
FollowupID: 903414

Follow Up By: axle - Friday, Nov 29, 2019 at 08:04

Friday, Nov 29, 2019 at 08:04
Dave B18.

Why stick the boot in like that??

You might be right!, but they do deserve a chance.

The next time YOU make a mistake someone may do the same to you!

Or are you one of these people that never do anything wrong?

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 903417

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Friday, Nov 29, 2019 at 09:06

Friday, Nov 29, 2019 at 09:06
If you do a street view using that address you can see about 6 or more vans inside the building and another down the side
FollowupID: 903419

Follow Up By: annelies - Friday, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:24

Friday, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:24
Thanks Axle, no worries have been a registered nurse for 43 years, working in hospitals in Europe and here in Australia and can take a bit of critisism.
Originally I am Dutch, so thrifty and therefore quite annoyed with myself that we fell for this one.
I also take on the challence to try and get the awning delivered or the money back.

Thanks Kazza 055,
It seems to be a combined business and at ASIC several businesses come up on the same address. We just might have picked the wrong one out of three.

cheers,

Annelies

FollowupID: 903421

Reply By: annelies - Saturday, Nov 30, 2019 at 06:05

Saturday, Nov 30, 2019 at 06:05
Just a follow-up on how I went yesterday and a warning.........!

All Brand Caravan Service and Caravan Parts & Accessories come up in the ASIC database. AllBrand with full details since 2010, CPA is listed since 2014 but the listing does does not show an address other then Brisbane 4001.

When you go to the AllBrands website, choose a product and click on BUY it opens on that product on the Caravan Part & Accessories website.
You put it in the cart, pay , get a receipt and there it stops......................

I did not receive a call or email from Caravan Part & Accessories yesterday so I called
my bank.
Filled out a Visa Debit Dispute Form, ticked Non-receipt of Goods and the money will be back in my account in a fort-night.

cheers,

Annelies
AnswerID: 628864

Follow Up By: cruiser 3 - Saturday, Nov 30, 2019 at 13:38

Saturday, Nov 30, 2019 at 13:38
Thanks for the follow up Annelise
It’s always good to see the outcome.
FollowupID: 903448

Sponsored Links