Victorian canopy manufacture

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 13:32
ThreadID: 139188 Views:4687 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking for a canopy manufacturer whose name would come up often on this site
In the early days they did not have a web site and I thought I had read that was because of religious reason but not certain

The name of the company could have the name industry in it
Any ideas

Thanks you have a better memory than me

A. J
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Keith B2 - Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 15:14

Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 15:14
There used to be a company Called Canopy Industries which I see is now Flexiglass. They have an office in Victoria.
Flexiglass
I have no connection with the company and no idea about their products.
Keith
AnswerID: 628149

Follow Up By: Member - A J - Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 16:29

Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 16:29
Thanks Keith B2
FollowupID: 902438

Reply By: RMD - Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 17:07

Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 17:07
AJ
I bought a Flexiglass Industries canopy in 2011 for a Dmax. They were strange to deal with and the office and staff minimal and acted a bit remote in attitude.
Although now gone from Northcote in Melb, not sure to where though. The dealings with them and the transaction and payment was bizzare. I provided ALL wiring to make it easy to connect from the central locking and interior power for LED light. They did not appreciate me making it easy for them, but I didn't want someone inside my vehicle removing seats etc to access central locking wires. I could not pay by card and they wouldn't accept a cheque either. Then they refused to release the vehicle to me so I could drive to the Bendigo Bank branch 1.6 KM down the same road. I had to catch a tram and return with a big bunch of foldies. The discount they initially offered evaporated somewhere and they then somehow wanted to charge me twice for the deposit.

The canopy leaked when on level ground, water not draining and wicking inside to fall in the tub. Eventually fixed after complaints and they travelled 160km to fix it. The young bloke had not idea how though. I used his gear and sealant/Sikaflex to make drain paths. No water ever since. Used often the central lock mechanism in the glass upper failed and I replaced it with one from Jaycar. All ok then.
Would I buy from them again? Probably not. Check them out thoroughly, ALL aspects of the deal, if interested in their products. PS, The canopies then were made in Thailand or Malaysia, NOT Australia.
AnswerID: 628150

Follow Up By: Member - A J - Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 17:59

Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 17:59
RMD thanks for your reply
But no was not after ones of those

Thanks

A J
FollowupID: 902441

Reply By: futch - Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 18:56

Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 at 18:56
try carryboy canopies in stud road Rowville..
AnswerID: 628151

Sponsored Links