Broadarrow Track, Judbarra/Gregory National Park.

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 10, 2019 at 17:44
ThreadID: 139177 Views:4422 Replies:1 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Just completed a very enjoyable trip through this park. Took the opportunity to update and add designated camping sites along this track, including photos, using the Exploroz Traveler app. Still new to using this App but it is very good, for my needs at least. Hope the updates and photos are of use to others. Favorite camp would have to be Wilingarri Waterhole, just a pity you cant swim in the main pool (Possibility of Crocodiles) but there is running spring water alongside that is easily accessible and is still running at this time of year.

Cheers, Mark.
Back Expand Un-Read 5 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Oct 11, 2019 at 20:48

Friday, Oct 11, 2019 at 20:48
Thanks Mark, yes I've just started working through to check them. Can I just check with you however about these being "free camps" - in a National Park you usually need a camping permit. I just did a little research and found this page Camping permits and also this one Judbarra/Gregory National Park Fact Sheet and it is a bit vague. I am wondering if these sites actually require payment of a camping permit or not? Please confirm.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 628122

Follow Up By: Member - kimberleybloke - Saturday, Oct 12, 2019 at 00:13

Saturday, Oct 12, 2019 at 00:13
Hi Michelle, the only camp that had a fee was at Bullita Homestead camping area. Check on the Judbarra/Gregory NP info/map sheet and there is a section under Camping Fees that states "Campgrounds along the 4WD tracks are free" None of the usual facilities to pay fees was in evidence at any of these camping areas and two rangers we met at Wilingarri Water hole didn't ask for any permits. Broadarrow was a great drive and we where probably the last through for the season.
Another camp/rest area that looks new is on the Duncan Road at Negri River. A very intricate metal sign calls it "White Dimond Rest Area" I dont know if it is an official rest area, I will put it up later with photos and make it public so have a look and see what you think.
Regards, Mark.
FollowupID: 902410

Follow Up By: Member - kimberleybloke - Saturday, Oct 12, 2019 at 00:30

Saturday, Oct 12, 2019 at 00:30
My fact sheet is different to the one in your link. Have attached the one we picked up in the park, check "Camping Fees"
FollowupID: 902412

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Oct 14, 2019 at 13:51

Monday, Oct 14, 2019 at 13:51
That's great Mark, thanks very much for your time and effort in this info. Sounds like a great spot to go too!
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 902445

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Oct 16, 2019 at 08:08

Wednesday, Oct 16, 2019 at 08:08
Friends & I camped at the Negri Crossing in Aug this year, and saw the sign. Obviously the work of the very talented Joe Grace, of Northern Metalwork, from Kununurra.

Anyway, I’ll let Joe explain the significance of the sign, in an excerpt from his Facebook page:

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 902474

Follow Up By: Member - kimberleybloke - Wednesday, Oct 16, 2019 at 15:46

Wednesday, Oct 16, 2019 at 15:46
Thanks Bob, good to know the story behind the sign. ( which is a real piece of art I reckon )
FollowupID: 902480

Sponsored Links