2019 National Gathering

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 03, 2019 at 17:25
ThreadID: 139020 Views:4351 Replies:7 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks,

The National Gathering is on later this month and the number of attendee's is pretty dismal at this stage only 9 vehicles.

People who are yet to register can do so via the Members Trips and Gathering Page or follow this link

I am considering organising one for the June/July period of 2022 or 2023 in WA but if the attendance is going to be minimal then I don't think I would bother.

Would be good to see more people support Nick and Jane and attend this Gathering as I know many hours behind the scenes are put in to organise such an event.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Tuesday, Sep 03, 2019 at 21:11

Tuesday, Sep 03, 2019 at 21:11
Hi Kev
Agree with what you are saying, the numbers are well drown and seems that they get less every gathering. Those that are not members are not able to register as the sytem locks them out, may be they could register through this post as there has beem 100 views of the post when l opened it so there must be some interest. There must be some more Sth Aust and Vic members and non members who could attend as it's in their back yard.

Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 627559

Follow Up By: duck - Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 19:02

Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 19:02
If visitors could engage & attend they may then become members & the numbers would increase.
I would be like many who were members & are now visitors I left for years due to the change in the use of the forum (trolls) & in the old days we purchased our desert passes, maps,CD, even dehydrated food etc
In the past I went to a few gatherings (not the national gathering) & all had a good time. Then If I had gorne to a national gathering I would not be able to go on the next Aventuras/trip (limited holiday allowance)
I wish you all the best in getting more numbers most clubs/groups have a open day. Maybe the national gathering could become that open day/weekend etc
FollowupID: 901648

Follow Up By: Robin Miller - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 10:07

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 10:07
Good to catch up in Alice Murray , we should be their mon-thurs

Robin & Anne
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 901662

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 07:15

Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 07:15
Hi Kev,

Maybe one of the reasons is the lack of camaraderie amongst members now.

As the format of the forum has changed and more strict rules put in place, folk have lost the Aussie spirit of "skylarking" and daring to speak out on topics.
This has in turn led to a reduced feeling of friendship with other forum members.

There are no "characters" left, or at least, those of us whom remain just keep their distance now.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

AnswerID: 627560

Follow Up By: George_M - Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 08:46

Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 08:46
Good thought, Bill.

And a good reason to attend the National Gathering - this topic could lead to some interesting (and constructive) conversation around the campfire after the group dinner on 30 September.

George_M
Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 901633

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 09:48

Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 09:48
Hi George,

Have been on a couple of South Australian Gatherings and a couple of National Gatherings back when there was a lot more good will on the Forum.
Have met many good people but with the exception of Sir Kev, all are very low profile now, or have let their membership lapse. Some are just flying under the radar or have become registered “visitors”.
Things are just different now.

I have just returned from an eight week trip up to Karumba, across to Townsville and back down the Great Inland Way, through Lightning Ridge and back along the Murray to Adelaide, so have traveled enough for a little while.

Alas, it would take a lot of change for me to commit to another National Gathering.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

FollowupID: 901635

Reply By: Member - Billy - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 07:36

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 07:36
having attended the last three national gatherings I would not miss one for quids, Iv met some of the nicest people, we have shared a fire, and a drink, and best of all lots of laughs,most do the excursions of the day or as I do go and cut fire wood for Sir Kevs camp fires, I'm not too sure if the fishing will be on this time but I'm told that the horse shoe-throwing contest is definitely on,hope to see as many of you there.cheers Billy.
AnswerID: 627575

Follow Up By: Sir Kev - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 18:44

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 18:44
Make sure you pack that Mankini Billy as I here the weather is gunna be warm ehhehe

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 901681

Reply By: Robin Miller - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 10:04

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 10:04
Just back from Gulf trip , so we will be there.

C U Robin & Anne
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 627579

Reply By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Friday, Sep 06, 2019 at 06:42

Friday, Sep 06, 2019 at 06:42
Hi Kev,

The horseshoes have been given a fresh coat of paint along with the pegs. Nick and Jane will be in Tamworth 29th so will deliver them then. I’ll also give them Jan’s treehouse so it too can be taken by them and then you to deliver.

Cheers

John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 627583

Reply By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Saturday, Sep 07, 2019 at 17:27

Saturday, Sep 07, 2019 at 17:27
This is normally one event that I really look forward to. Unfortunately had made other plans before Nick & Jane had organised the trip. The small cost of membership is well worth paying (IMO). The friends that I have made through these events is priceless.
The venue looks like a cracker too.
Have a great trip all.
Regards Mike P.
AnswerID: 627610

Reply By: GarryR - Sunday, Sep 08, 2019 at 06:49

Sunday, Sep 08, 2019 at 06:49
Judy and I enjoyed our last gathering, and looking forward to this one. Someone say Horseshoes.. well Judy is on her way, and ready to chip all the paint off them. Someone got a catch net? - to catch the miss guided missiles that come out of her hand. W.A. sounds like a good idea Kev. I could use this event as the start of our trip in that state. Little Lucky will be staying with friends who also have 2 little dogs, as she loves the company there.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 627614

Sponsored Links