User Treks map page broken

Submitted: Monday, Apr 22, 2019 at 14:01
ThreadID: 138197 Views:2285 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Michelle / David.

The user treks map page seems to be broken again.

When I select the user trek - maps and try to select a trek for download, the cursor won't select a track it says 0 user treks. When I do the same thing on a EO trek it works fine.

I recall it did something like this about a year ago and there was some link or code missing.

Can you please take a look.

Thanks

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ModSquad - Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019 at 17:55

Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019 at 17:55
Tony did you send a notification through to the office via the alert function? David and Michelle don't always get the opportunity to read the forum on a regular basis.

Regards

The squad.
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 625114

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019 at 19:04

Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019 at 19:04
Thanks,

I looked for an alert function but couldn't find it.

Maybe I should look harder. :-(
FollowupID: 898739

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019 at 17:58

Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019 at 17:58
Just saw this, been away camping. Will look tomorrow but tested fine my end so not sure what you mean.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 625115

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019 at 19:04

Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019 at 19:04
Thanks Michelle. No Hurry.
FollowupID: 898740

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Apr 26, 2019 at 12:44

Friday, Apr 26, 2019 at 12:44
HI Boobook,
First day back in office from our little Easter trip away and I've just had a little test of this issue however it's working for me. The first time I select a purple line however it does as you say and says 0, but if I click it again on another spot, it selects it and I can open it. I've tried it many times and for some reason the first click seems a bit flaky. I'll show it to David but perhaps we are just not zoomed in enough for it to be accurately picking up the trek line when this happens? Not sure I"ll see what he has to say but he hasn't changed that part of the site as far as I know for a very very long time. Maybe the browser updates on our machines are doing it - not sure. But if you're persistent you can just click again and should be able to get it like I did.

eg
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 625161

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Apr 26, 2019 at 18:37

Friday, Apr 26, 2019 at 18:37
Hello again Boobook, I've finally had a chance to check this again together with David as I was having random moments of problems but then ok - so wanted to check that out more and sure enough - yes there appears to be a problem in the database. David is rebooting that database now to see if that fixes it but he's onto it now and will get it sorted. Thanks for alerting us and for your patience and persistence. Bit strange...
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 625172

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Apr 26, 2019 at 19:09

Friday, Apr 26, 2019 at 19:09
The reboot of the database has fixed it our end. Please check your end and confirm. There is a slight delay for loading the User Treks from your map selection.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 625174

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Saturday, Apr 27, 2019 at 08:20

Saturday, Apr 27, 2019 at 08:20
Ok it definitely works much much better. Though sometimes it says loading and does nothing ( for at least 30 seconds) ( Chrome)

I do notice when you use the map on EO treks and you are not pointing to a trek, it shows an open hand cursor. Then when the cursor is hovering over a trek, it shows a pointing finger.

But in the user treks, it always shows the pointing finger. Dunno if that is intentional or not.

Anyway thanks for the support.
FollowupID: 898800

Sponsored Links