Making Sense of Map options sold by ExplorOz

We sell 2 different Map Options, and 1 Navigation app - ExplorOz Traveller.

A customer who recently purchased our app ExplorOz Traveller (from Google Play Store for $59.99) and the Offline map license to go with it for $49.99 (from our shop) sought my help today after getting very confused and frustrated. I thought I'd share his experience in case anyone else shares his confusion.

This customer loves our maps so much and knew he could put them on his other devices so he proceeded to go to the EOTopo page and attempted to download the files to his PC but got frustrated when all he got was a message to say he hadn't bought EOTopo download or wasn't logged in.

What he didn't understand is that the map licence he has is for downloading the maps in the ExplorOz Traveller app only. That is why the map license is called ExplorOz Traveller Premium Offline Maps. It is not called EOTopo to help make this clear. (?)

For the once off purchase of $49.99 he can certainly put those maps in any other device he likes without buying the maps again. He doesn't even need to buy a different format of maps if going from Android to Windows or Apple. As the app handles all that. It is very simple. BUT ONLY if that device has the app on it. So all he has to do is put the app on the other device and log in for his map license to be validated and to activate the download buttons for free map installs. NOTE: if you need to go to a different store to get the app for your other device/s then you will need to purchase the app from that store and yes that will be another $59.99.

Please note that the map product sold with the name "EOTopo" (either Premium or Standard) is ONLY for people that aren't using our app but have another navigation program (most common is OziExplorer and HN7). The name is different, the price is different and the format is different. This is also written in the description.

So in summary, we sell 2 different Map Options, and 1 Navigation app - ExplorOz Traveller.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 at 07:11

Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 at 07:11
Michelle, can you please explain the situation with Memory Map. Memory Map's situation is not really clear at all not but the EO product seems to be even more under a cloud.

AnswerID: 623284

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 at 13:21

Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 at 13:21
Sorry Boobook , what is it about Memory Map are you specifically requesting I explain?
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 896440

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 at 13:53

Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 at 13:53
Since they shut down the ANZ support and website, tts become difficult to use and navigate around Memory Map. They have dropped EO from the websites and even their digital store from inside the apps. It is very inconsistent.

I have been a big fan and heavy user but struggle to use their licencing now.

Do you still sell and support MM. I can't find out how to get the update promised early last year.
FollowupID: 896441

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 at 14:01

Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 at 14:01
No we do not sell or support Memory Map products sorry. Our relationship with the ANZ operations became unworkable.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 896442

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Jan 20, 2019 at 06:27

Sunday, Jan 20, 2019 at 06:27
Are you saying that EO topo is no longer supported or upgraded through Memory Map Michelle?

Where does that leave EO topo users like me that have it on MM? I can't get any upgrades?

FollowupID: 896452

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Sunday, Jan 20, 2019 at 10:52

Sunday, Jan 20, 2019 at 10:52
We had no contract to produce EOTopo 2018 for Memory Map to sell to their customers.

We sell our map exclusively to our customers only.

Any device user can use our maps by using our app.

We also release EOTopo in the standard raster map file format ECW.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 896457

Sponsored Links