Middle Drawers for Toyota 100 Series

Submitted: Saturday, Dec 15, 2018 at 18:34
ThreadID: 137561 Views:2541 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

Looking for advice/ideas from people who have installed a set of drawers in replacement of the rear bench seat in a 100 series.

I need to install some storage immediately behind the front row seats. I currently have a low shelf system in place, with plastic boxes underneath but require a more organised system to store light weight items on top and in the drawers. The idea is not to increase the amount/weight of what is stored - just to get it organised and have better accessibility to it.

The rear already has a set of drawers fitted, but I don’t want to go down the road of replacing with longer (full length) drawers.

For those who are already hung up on the legalities -

-The vehicle is licenced as a 3 seater (front 3/4 and drivers) rather than a 6 seater.
- An approved rated and movable cargo barrier is already in place behind the driver’s seat.
- Approved GVM upgrade is already in place.

Ideas, photos, contacts appreciated.

Cheers

Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mikee5 - Sunday, Dec 16, 2018 at 08:44

Sunday, Dec 16, 2018 at 08:44
I have a simple shelf/floor extension resting on and screwed to the leading edge of the rear drawers and supported by two legs simply sitting on the floor at the front edge. Room for a 15hp outboard underneath which can be put in through the rear passenger door.
AnswerID: 622653

Follow Up By: Member - ACD 1 - Sunday, Dec 16, 2018 at 11:58

Sunday, Dec 16, 2018 at 11:58
Thanks Mike

Sounds similar to what I already have in place although mine is secured into the seat mountings. I have a couple of plastic boxes underneath for some light testing gear, but it is not quite secure enough for my liking.

I was thinking something with drawers that slide out through the passenger doors. If angle of door and space doesn't accommodate 2 x 1/2 draws, I would look at 1/3 draws with the space in the middle used for the air compressor/inverter or water pump.

Cheers

Anthony
FollowupID: 895696

Reply By: Crusier 91 - Sunday, Dec 16, 2018 at 12:04

Sunday, Dec 16, 2018 at 12:04
I looked into this 12 months ago. ARB no longer do these and suggested an a local cabinet guy.
I ended up using 55L clear boxes with lids from Bunnings. Worked ok.
AnswerID: 622660

Sponsored Links