Road Closure- Bourke to Wanaaring

Submitted: Monday, Oct 08, 2018 at 08:23
ThreadID: 137318 Views:3329 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
If you intend to travel between Bourke and Wanaaring, the road has been closed at the Bourke end for major road works. People are being detoured via Fords Bridge then North or South the 21ks back onto the Hungerford-Bourke Rd or the Wanaaring-Bourke Rd. The detour route through private property is a good well graded piece of road. Not sure when the road will reopen
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Monday, Oct 08, 2018 at 09:08

Monday, Oct 08, 2018 at 09:08
Oh the Warrego Hotel......my wife's first job was governess for the publican (John Wheelhouse) MANY years ago.
We visited there a few years back a kiwi pharmacist had the pub then, took just about as long as it takes to dispense a prescription as it did for him to serve you.
John Orcsik the actor also held the licence there for a period also.
Fond memories of Fords Bridge!
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 621471

Reply By: rumpig - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2018 at 07:25

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2018 at 07:25
The lady at Tibooburra store mentioned this closure to me last week when we were out there. Gotta say the road from there to Wanaaring was in great condition when we drove it, but geez the scenery is repetitive and became boring to drive after a while. We headed in Hungerford direction from Wanaaring though, stayed atCurrawinya National Park which is well worth a visit.
AnswerID: 621479

Sponsored Links