Ozoneshield paint and interior protection

Submitted: Friday, Jul 13, 2018 at 20:02
ThreadID: 136980 Views:3508 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a little feed back on the Ozoneshield product for my new caravan. The product certainly looks to tick box’s but could anyone give some good or bad feedback before I commit to doing it.
Thanks Tom
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bobjl - Friday, Jul 13, 2018 at 20:59

Friday, Jul 13, 2018 at 20:59
Thomas
Products similar to Ozone Shield have been flogged for years and are very expensive and arguably just not cost justified. The retailers make overly large margins hence why they push it so hard. They leverage off the emotion of the new car/van buyer wanting to protect the new investment.

New Vans are designed to withstand the elements reasonably.
After market coatings may assist to minimise exposure risks but will not stop stone chips etc.
Scotch guard will assist for soft internal coverings.

I expect the O product will be $750-1500 [dependent on the options you take]. The cheaper alternative [if you really feel the need] is to buy high quality wax/other external and internal treatments for less than $100.

Discussion as to benefit/value of these types of products been going around a long time see http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21224

The savings by not doing the O product may be used to better protect the highly exposed areas of the Van arising from flying stones etc.

Happy Vanning.
Bob
AnswerID: 620146

Reply By: thinkin - Friday, Jul 13, 2018 at 21:09

Friday, Jul 13, 2018 at 21:09
Hi Tom,
Here is a link to check OZONE SHIELD @ ExplorOz Forum

https://www.exploroz.com/forum/93000/ozone-shield

Apr 4, 2012 - 13 posts - ?2 authors
Ok the ozone shield has been great, paint protection, Not bad but obviously won't stop chipping from flying stones though, scotch gaurded ...
AnswerID: 620147

Reply By: Kazza055 - Saturday, Jul 14, 2018 at 12:00

Saturday, Jul 14, 2018 at 12:00
Snake oil comes to mind.

Probably just as good to have it details every year or so. Either than or a regular polish. If it is fibreglass get a marine/boat polish.
AnswerID: 620157

Sponsored Links